Thread: how to make desktop icons invisible in windows 7

how to make desktop icons invisible in windows 7

I was just thinking if anyone can tell me how to make teh desktop icons now show via the transparent top border of a program or a software? I just want my wallpaper to show through it and I dont want to show the icons. Can anyone tell me how to do this, I would be very glad if anyone can assist me with it. Thanks.
    ~HARE KRISHNA HARE RAM~

Re: how to make desktop icons invisible in windows 7

I dont know if it is kind of irritating you or not. In any case, you can try to use RocketDock to move away from desktop icons and use it as well for some nice features like MAC. You can check out the RocketDock application on its website and test it as per your need. I really hope that if MS can implement such similar feature in their upcoming updates then it would be wonderful.

Why dont you just move them down a bit on the desktop which wont be too much of a painful step. Since the top border of an application is transparent, anything that is behind it might be slightly visible, even if it is yout desktop icons or wallpaper or some random pics.

As an alternative, you can also use Fences application that is made by stardock. When you ill double click on your desktop, then all your shortcuts/desktop icons will automatically disappear, even you wont be able to see the recycle bin. And if you want it back, then you just need to double click on the desktop again and all icons will come back. Also there are some cool features that you can find in the same application.

Cant you simple right click at any open space on the desktop and then click on View and then try to uncheck the Show Desktop Icons option. After that you can see that all your desktop icons are invisible. If you will need the icons back on desktop, then you need to simply repeat the same procedure, but the only catch is here that, you have to check mark the Show Desktop Icons option again to view all the desktop icons.