Thread: MCE Remote control Freezes Media Center

MCE Remote control Freezes Media Center

I have MCE Remote control installed in my system. I have been using it from a long time. However, something went wrong with it suddenly. It freezes up Media Center while I scroll through menus. What might have gone wrong? Any ideas? I am not able to track out the exact cause of this issue. Is there anything I can try out further?? I need to fix it as soon as possible, please help.

Re: MCE Remote control Freezes Media Center

It’s hard to come upon any point with the piece of information you have shared. Since you have mentioned this issue has started suddenly, some recent changes might have messed up things in your system.
    Do you remember any recent changes that you doubt to have leaded you in to this issue?? I mean any recently installed application or program? If yes, than you can try disabling it. If that doesn’t make any difference then you might have to uninstall it as well.

This issue has started since 2 days. As far as I am aware I haven’t made any changes in my system in these days. I haven’t installed any application or program since two weeks. There’s something else wrong, however I am not able to make out exactly what. To be at the safer side I have ran a through scan using avast but it dint came up with any suspicious files and so. My system is updated with all recommended windows update installed as well.

Why don’t you try uninstalling and reinstalling Media Center as well as your Remote control software???
    I guess there might be something wrong with them. If it would have been with me, I would have tried uninstalling and reinstalling them first rather than trying out anything else.
    Just give it a try, in case if that doesn’t help then you can revert back to me for further help. I will suggest you other possible workaround to deal with it, best of luck.

Thanks for the suggestion but I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Media Center as well as the Remote control software without luck. I should have mentioned that in my very first post. Anyways, let me know if there is any other possible workaround that I can try out. Any further help regarding this will be grateful, thanks in advance

Give this a try:
    • Open task manager
    • Click on services tab and click on the services button
    • Check out for "Human Interface Device Access"
    • If its start up type is listed as "Manual" and not started then Right click the service and start it
    • Once you are done with the above changes, click on ok, click on apply and cross check your MCE Remote control

If MCE Remote control doesn’t freezes Media Center any more then you can set the service start up as Automatic. One guy who was running in to same issue earlier had mentioned the above workaround as working. I haven’t tried it myself, so just try it out and post back if it actually works.