Thread: How to change Windows 8 start screen picture

How to change Windows 8 start screen picture

I want to know how can I change Windows 8 start screen picture. Actually I am willing to add picture of my own. Since I am new to windows 8, I am not able to find the option for doing the same. I don’t even know if that’s possible, in case it is then let me know how, thanks in advance to those who will try to help.

Re: How to change Windows 8 start screen picture

It’s there in setting. There are limited color schemes and 10 stock background images you can switch between the same.
    you know you've made it big on here when you have your own imposter

Hey thanks for that. I was looking after the same thing but there are very limited start screen picture. Isn’t there a way to add Custom Background Image to Windows 8 Start Screen??? As I have mentioned I want to add picture of my own, there is no option for doing that. I will like to know if there is any possibility of adding customized Windows 8 start screen picture.

In that case you can download Stardock’s latest Windows 8 customization app called Decor8. It will help in removing the limitation allotted to user for selecting any picture they might be willing to add to the start screen.
    Decor8 is a simple program. Once you launch it you will get some set of background images along with start screen and desktop background images with fit, tile and center options in classic desktop. In order to sue your own pictures you can add folders to the program. You can add multiple background images by holding Ctrl key. Decor8 is not free but you can get a free 30-day trial or get the modest app for $4.99.

Quote Originally Posted by neeeel View Post
    Hey thanks for that. I was looking after the same thing but there are very limited start screen picture. Isn’t there a way to add Custom Background Image to Windows 8 Start Screen??? As I have mentioned I want to add picture of my own, there is no option for doing that. I will like to know if there is any possibility of adding customized Windows 8 start screen picture.
    Hey just go to add and you can see some little pictures and above that you have a drop down arrow with document, downloads, etc and select computer and go for your photos saved in your drive.

You can download Windows 8 Start Screen Customizer from devianART as well. You just have to download it, extract it and rename MordenUIStartScreen.ex_ to MordenUIStartScreen.exe so that it becomes executable. Once you are done with the changes you can launch the program, load your picture in to the program, select it from the right pane, click o apply and you are done.
    Windows 8 Start Screen Customizer from devianART is free and if you are looking for a free program then it will be your best choice else check out Decor8 trail version and get it for $4.99, if you like it, best of luck.
    If PrAcTiCe MaKeS pErFeCt AnD nObOdY iS pErFeCt WhY pRaTiCe...ThAtS wHaT pEoPlE mAkE hAcKs FoR

Windows 8 Start Screen Customizer is the best, its freeware and its features are as followed:
    • Allows you to change Windows 8 Start Screen background image
    • Allows you to change number of rows of tiles in Windows 8 Start Screen
    • Allows you to change transparency / opacity of Start Screen and tiles
    • Allows you to set current Desktop wallpaper as Start Screen background
    • Allows you to set multiple images slideshow as Start Screen background