Thread: Set video as wallpaper in windows 8

Set video as wallpaper in windows 8

Today i went to my friends place and i saw him playing video in background of his screen. He had replaced his background wallpaper by a Gangam style video. I asked him, how did he do that but he started acting like a geek and said find it out yourself.
    I have carried out my search and have found that's possible using vlc and DreamScene. However, i want to know if they will work in windows 8 ?? I have upgraded to windows 8 recently and before installing any of these software's i want to confirm if they'll work.

Re: Set video as wallpaper in windows 8

I don’t know about DreamScene but I dint got any success in using vlc for setting video as wallpaper in windows 8. Below are the steps I had performed:
    Open VLC click on Preferences
    Click on video button, select “DirectX video output” in Output dropdown list and save the settings.
    Close and open VLC, play a video, clock ion Video tab and select DirectX Wallpaper
    Minimize VLC player and enjoy the video in background.

I have installed VLC media player 2.0.4 Twoflower and there is no options as “DirectX video output”. However there is an option saying “DirectX (Direct draw) video output” so I selected that. After making all of the above changes when I played video then I was getting a pink screen nothing else. I am still looking forward to get it work but I haven’t got any success, as soon as I get any update ill revert back to you.

It seems neither vlc nor DreamScene are capable of doing that task in windows 8. I have tried downloading and installing DreamScene just now and as soon as I ran it. I was welcomed with below error message.

Let me know if there is any other player that can help me setting video as wallpaper in windows 8.

Hey you can check out BS player, I have found similar thread in this section only.
    Video as Wallpaper
    There are 2 solutions for setting video as wallpaper in windows. One is using VLC player and the other is BS player. I also wanted to add that the step mentioned in the above article is quite different from what you have mentioned above. So in that case you can retry the steps mentioned in that article.
    Your every word defines my existence, world and self.

The steps mentioned in the article using VLC player was for some older version of VLC. I have mentioned that I have downloaded and installed VLC media player 2.0.4 Twoflower. 2.0.4 Is the latest and Its setting is quite different compared to the settings that has been mentioned in the article. So that wont work, ill check out BS player and will let you know if that might work.

BS player is not working as well, actually there is no much information regarding the same. I have gone through some articles and they have mentioned that after installing BS player we just have to play a video and press D. As soon as we press D the video replaces the wallpaper. However I tried that a couple of times but that’s not making any difference in my case.

I guess this video as wallpaper functionality is not supported by windows 8. I have just now tried using VLC for setting video as wallpaper on windows xp and vista machine, it worked like a charm there.