Thread: Windows 8 personalization setting are grayed out

Windows 8 personalization setting are grayed out

I have installed windows 8 on my system today and for some reason its personalization settings are grayed out. I can’t use any of those settings. I did not had any issue in installing windows 8. Is there some other setting for enabling personalization menu?? I had used Windows 8 consumer preview and I dint had any issue there, any ideas what might be wrong in my case???

Re: Windows 8 personalization setting are grayed out

I guess option for changing personal setting might be disabled in your case and you will have to enable it manually. You can follow below steps for enabling it.
    Go to Start menu > Type Group Policy > Select Settings > Select Edit Group Policy > Expand user Configuration > Expand Administrative Templates > Expand Windows Components and Select “All Settings “
    Now Double-click on “Prevent changing color and appearance, enable it, select apply, click on ok and you are done.
    Give it a try and let me know if that helps best of luck.

Option for changing personal setting was disabled in my case. Anyways I have enabled it after following above steps and I don’t see any improvement. Personalization setting are still grayed out in my case.

Which version of windows 8 you have installed??? Have you activated windows??? If you haven’t than activate it first and see if personalization settings get enabled after that.
    I have come across a lot of people who were facing this issue previously and most of them were having pirated copy of windows 8. It seems personalization settings don’t work in illegal versions of windows, Hope you are not amongst them. There are only 2 versions of windows 8 available and they are Windows 8 and Windows 8 Professional accordingly. Just make sure you are having one from those.