Thread: Windowblinds is not installed correctly on this machine

Windowblinds is not installed correctly on this machine

I have installed Stardock Windowblinds trial version on my system running windows 7. However, whenever I am trying to change a theme, I am getting a pop up saying 'Windowblinds is not installed correctly on this machine' and everything locks up after that. I dint had any issue in installing Windowblinds but I really don’t know why is it coming up with error like this now. Has anyone else faced the same error? Or has any idea about it???

Re: Windowblinds is not installed correctly on this machine

Were you using any older version of Windowblinds previously?? Which version of Windowblinds have you installed now??? I guess you haven’t made clean installation of current version of Windowblinds and that’s the reason you are getting the mentioned error. If that’s not the case than update your graphic card drive and reinstall Windowblinds and let me know if it works fine after that.

Did you reboot your system after installing Windowblinds ? If not, than reinstall it, reboot your system and cross check if it works fine. In case you get the same error again than you can try uninstalling it using some uninstaller like CCleaner or some other one that you like. Sometimes uninstalling it just through the control panel doesn’t work and one has to use some uninstaller for deleting its registry entries. CCleaner is quite a good uninstaller to do that task, I have been using it from a long time and I haven’t faced any issue as such.

I haven’t used any older version of Windowblinds in my system by now and this is the first time I have installed it. I have downloaded and installed latest version of Windowblinds, and by now I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling it quite a few times. After your suggestion I have used CCleaner for uninstalling and reinstalling it but I don’t see any difference. I keep getting the same error message again and again even though I have rebooted my system every time after installing it.

Rather than simply uninstalling it and reinstalling it I will suggest you to first uninstall it completely from your system. Delete everything that you have downloaded and follow the below steps:
    Redownload latest version of Windowblinds trial version from its official site
    Disable your antivirus and other security program while installing it
    Once installed reboot your system and it should work fine.
    If you face any error after all this than revert back to me for further help, I think carrying out the above steps will probably fix the issue in your case.

Hey Kh@LnaYak your solution was helpful, I was simply uninstalling and reinstalling Windowblinds. However, after your suggestion I have redownloaded it and have installed it. This time its working fine, I don’t get the same error message while changing themes.