Thread: Cannot customize account picture, lock screen and start screen in Windows 8

Cannot customize account picture, lock screen and start screen in Windows 8

I have installed Windows 8 on my computer and I have started using it. After using it, I noticed that I cannot change the picture and the details that are to be shown in the right side login corner. Then again I am unable to personalize my Windows 8 as the personalization options are disabled. I am new to Windows 8 and don’t know much about it. Can someone tell me why this is happening?

Re: Cannot customize account picture, lock screen and start screen in Windows 8

The version of Windows 8 that you are using, is it full version. The customization options remain disabled in the trial version of this operating system. So if you are not using the full version, you will need to get one in order to get all the features of Windows 8. You can activate it by entering the activation key that you got along with this pack or you can buy it online from Microsoft. Also the changing of the settings of the account that you have mentioned as in the right corner is completely online. You don’t get option to change it from PC. So either you don’t have internet connection to connect it online or you have no registered your Windows 8.
    One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.

Re: Cannot customize account picture, lock screen and start screen in Windows 8

If you are using a pirated or a fake copy of Windows 8, then again you will get the same error. There have been many copies of Windows 8 being circulated around internet which has illegal or inappropriate cracks. If you are using any of these copies of Windows 8, then again you won’t get access to change the settings of your account. Also certain customization options will be locked. If you are using such pirated copy, please buy original Windows 8 to enjoy all the features that you are missing.