Thread: How to change title text color on Windows 8

How to change title text color on Windows 8

I have installed Windows 8 in my computer and started using it and I liked the way in which we can edit the theme of this operating system. We can set any color or any coloring scheme as we need. Recently I applied the wallpaper of Batman and for that I set the theme and other elements to black color. The problem that has risen out of this modification now is that the default black text is not visible in the black Windows panels. Can someone tell me how to change the color of the text so that it doesn’t mix with the color of background?

Re: How to change title text color on Windows 8

I too think that it is weird that there is option for modifying every element in the interface of Windows 8 but not a single option is given for modifying the color of the text. I think that option to change the color of the text would have been useful. By default we need to use the black color text on every colored theme in Windows 8. I too tried various methods to get the change in color but none of them worked. There are changes in color of text if we apply completely new theme. But I think that person who makes these themes must be using some sort of software to get the change in the text color.

I found a method by which we can toggle the color of the text on the panels and the themes of Windows 8. But to get the color right, you must know the RGB binaries for the colors. Since you mentioned that you want to change color of the text such that it will be visible along with black background, let me tell you the RGB binary for white is 255 255 255. You need to edit the values in the Windows registry to get the things right. The registry key that you have to edit is:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\Colors
    Here in this registry key, you will find various attributes of the Windows 8 theme like GrayText, HighlightText, TitleText and so on. You can play with these values to get desirable effects.

The method suggested by "Xavier1234" is good and actually works fine. But I think that the person who doesn’t have knowledge of working on registry entries should avoid this method. Also let me tell you that some of the registry keys of Windows 8 might be different from that which was present in older operating systems. The problem with the above method is that after logging off from the system or restarting the computer, the changes that we have made in the theme by editing the registry entry goes back to default. Also this method of editing the colors doesn’t work in the Windows Aero light theme that is available in Windows 8.

I hope Microsoft realizes the needs of the user to have an option for getting some way to change the color of the text. I think we should send in suggestion to Microsoft to get such feature in Windows 8. I hope they will include this feature in next upgrade or maybe in some patch that might be introduced after few days. I hope that some third party developer might introduce such feature for Windows 8 in coming days, it would be really helpful.