Thread: Add ReFS support to Windows 8

Add ReFS support to Windows 8

I have installed Windows 8 consumer preview on my computer and I was searching for mods that are developed by people. While browsing for mods, I came across ReFS for Windows 8. It was related to some sort of mods for Windows 8, but I didn’t fully understand it. Can somebody tell me about this ReFS and what it does in Windows 8?

Re: Add ReFS support to Windows 8

When Windows 8 consumer preview was launched and people started using, it not many people were happy with it. Many people thought that Windows 8 was bad in terms of theme or the behavior of the theme and so on. To help those people, many third party developers released their own themes. These themes included content that would make Add ReFS support to Windows 8 look like older operating systems. For example, if you are habituated to use Windows 7 and you find Windows 8 very different, you can apply themes for your convenience. Various themes are available for download which also includes minor modification patches. To provide support for all these themes and mods, ReFS support was launched for Windows 8.

With Windows 8 having ReFS support, you will get auto login feature in your Windows 8 consumer preview. It will provide you with basic elements needed to customize the start menu if Windows 8. It is very useful for making the menu work like you want to. If you are not happy with the Metro apps in Windows 8, the ReFS support will also turn off UAC and LUA. This will make Windows 8 behave somewhat like Windows 7. You can also disable the Metro Suite using the ReFS support on Windows 8. Many people who were playing and experimenting around with the tiles in the Start Menu of Windows 8 have lost the logos and icons. ReFS support can also be used to restore them back to default.

ReFS support for Windows 8 will also add some themes of its own in Windows 8. You can beautify your desktop using them. This will also contain HashCheck Shell Extension which is very useful for transferring data n and out of the computer. ReFS support will also add a special shortcut for shutdown, restart and Standby mode in your computer. Also a new shortcut will be seen which will help you to switch to Metro screen quickly. ReFS support to Windows 8 also adds some HOSTS File replacement which I don’t know what it does.

The ReFS support which is available for Windows 8 has another version which can be used on Windows 2012 Server. Using this you can get all the cursors of Windows 8 on Windows 2012 Server. It will also disable the enhanced security of the Internet explorer on Windows 2012 Server. Many people complained that Ctrl + Alt + Delete worked at the boot time which could be harmful for Windows 2012 Server if used improperly. But with ReFS support, you can disable it easily. It can also be used to enable the Shutdown event tracker on Windows 2012 Server. Also Windows 2012 Server doesn’t allow simple passwords like ‘abcd1234’ and so on. But many times, it is useful to have such passwords. The ReFS support for Windows 2012 Server will disable the strong password recommendation which is actually very helpful.

The best part of ReFS support for Windows 8 is that it has many themes and patches to try on. They are actually fun to try on. But many un-signed themes have problems with missing .dll files.

Some of the missing dll files that I found were themeui.dll, uxinit.dll and uxtheme.dll. I found them on internet. But the themes are great.