Thread: Create shortcuts on taskbar for specific URLs in Windows 7

Create shortcuts on taskbar for specific URLs in Windows 7

I want to create shortcuts for URLs on Windows 7 and pin them to the taskbar so that when I click on these shortcuts, the browser is launched with the specified website open and ready to use. I would like to use it in my office as I generally need to open many websites frequently and if they are having shortcuts on my desktop itself, then it would be great. Can someone tell me how to do it?

ThumbsUp Re: Create shortcuts on taskbar for specific URLs in Windows 7

If you're using Windows 7, you can use the "Links" toolbar of the Taskbar.
    To activate it, right-click on the Taskbar, go to the Toolbars menu and select "Links".

Regards,
    Trend-bgi
    Software Developer

Re: Create shortcuts on taskbar for specific URLs in Windows 7

This type of feature is available in almost every web browser. But I would like to tell you about Internet Explorer as it are easily available in Windows 7. You can do the same for Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Opera. What you have to do is open the website you want to create shortcut of. Then just on the left side of URL bar, you will find a small icon of the website. You can drag it out of the browser on the desktop. Once on the desktop, you can just drag it into the taskbar to pin it on the taskbar.

Another way of getting the shortcut is to go on the website or web page you want to make shortcut of. Then click on the part of the website where there is nothing to click. Blank area is more preferable. Right click in this area and you will get a menu. Here click on ‘Create Shortcut’ and it will let you option to make shortcut on the desktop. Click it and it will prompt you to confirm the action. If you click on ‘Yes’, there will be a shortcut on desktop which you can drag on the task bar to pin it.

Why don’t you just go on bookmarking the required websites in the Internet Explorer you are using. You will find it much easier to use rather than creating individual shortcuts. Also opening websites from shortcuts will open them in new window every time. With bookmarks, you can open them in different tabs.