Thread: Hide all nfo files in Video folder on windows 7

Hide all nfo files in Video folder on windows 7

I am having some nfo files and videos in videos folder and I am willing to hide them, I want to hide all of the nfo files only within Video folder and its subfolder, is there anyone who can help? I will like to know if there is a easier way to do the same, help regarding this will be appreciated.

Re: Hide all nfo files in Video folder on windows 7

You can do that for any type of file in any folder and its sub folder, you just have right click on your Video folder, select properties and check mark “hidden” option, You will get a prompt saying “Apply changes to this folder only” and “Apply changes to this folder and its sub folder”. After that click on Organize > Folder and search options > View > Hide files and folders > Click on “Don’t show hidden files and folders” and you are done. If you want then you can open elevated command prompt, navigate to your video folder by typing below command:
    attrib +h *.nfo /s

This command will hide all nfo files but if you have show hidden files turned on then they will appear even after this command. For viewing the folder again you can just change + to a -:
    attrib -h *.nfo /s

Re: Hide all nfo files in Video folder on windows 7

Yes the above solution is correct, I just wanted to add that if you select “Don’t show hidden files and folders” then this will be applied for your whole system and not just that folder, I mean if you might be having some other folder or file marked as hidden in its properties then even those folders will get hidden. The change is for whole system not just for single file extensions or single file or single folders or subfolders.