Thread: How to pin WEB based applications to taskbar in windows 7

How to pin WEB based applications to taskbar in windows 7

I wanted to know if it is possible to pin WEB based applications to task-bar in windows 7? Ive heard that it’s possible but I don’t know how. I simply want some of my WEB based applications icons pinned on the task-bar. Any help regarding this will be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Re: How to pin WEB based applications to taskbar in windows 7

Yes it is possible and you can refer below steps for doing that:
    • Open your web- browser and go to index page of the site and drag the favicon of the site to the desktop. Once you do so you will see a shortcut icon on the desktop.
    • Now you can simply drag that shortcut icon from desktop onto the taskbar. If you might be having your web- browser pinned already then new shortcut will get pinned to jumplist saying pin to the web – browser you might be having.

For using the jumplist and go to that site directly you will have to right click on pinned icon.

If you want to have something like this:

Then follow the below steps:
    1. First unlock your taskbar by right clicking on it and then create a new folder on your desktop, open the site which you are willing to pin and drag its favicon in the new folder.
    2. Once you are done with that then right click on your taskbar, select Toolbars > New Toolbar > select your folder and you should now be able to see it in sys tray.
    3. You can now drag new folder next to systray, right click on folder and un-check show title.
    4. When you are done with all of the above steps then you will have your new icon on your taskbar linking directly to the site.
    Hope that helps.

You can try using an application called Pokki as well, it is an application built on the Chromium framework. Using Pokki you can pin web applications and execute them from web applications. Pokki not only allows you to pin web apps to the taskbar but it also provide notifications for unread items. You can integrate web applications like Gmail, Tweeki (for Twitter), Facebook, Headlines (RSS Feed Reader), LivingSocial, Groupie, Wall Street Journal, and eBay using Pokki. For using Pokki you will have to download and install Pokki based web apps from the individual sites you want. I mean if you want to download a Twitter web app for managing twitter account then tweeki web app can be quite useful.