Thread: Cant change default tray clock with tclock

Cant change default tray clock with tclock

My system is running on windows 7 and I have been trying to use tclock for changing default tray clock but after using it whenever I am restarting my computer hen I am getting a message saying " tcl.dll" ( something like that ) was not found. I don’t know what that means, I don’t think I have missed out anything, wanted to know if someone here can help me out.

Re: Cant change default tray clock with tclock

I wanted to know if you are using tclock with administrator privilege, if not then try running it as admin and see if things work fine after that. If that doesn’t help then try creating shortcut in startup folder from Tclock menu, I have come across one mentioning doing that had helped him out in similar condition.

I haven’t used tclock but I think that you can do the same thing normally as well, you just have to open Control Panel and go in to Region and Language. Now here you can change date and time format accordingly. There are different combinations and formats that you can use, you can use the one you like. In my case I am using dddd/M/d/yyyy to view day of the week without hovering mouse over the clock. Just check it out and let me if you like it.

If you are having issue with tclock then you can try using TClock Lite. I have been using the same and it works fine on windows 7 in my case. I haven’t faced single issue because of it. It is a improved replacement for Windows tray clock. It comes up with number of enhancements and additional features. TClock Lite is so simple that it doesn’t require installation as well. I also wanted to add that you might get a message from your antivirus program marking it as potential spyware but you don’t have to worry about it. It is not any kind of spyware, Security programs gives warning message because it modifies explorer.exe for displaying clock.

I am using TClockEx, it has similar functionality like TClock Lite, you can call it as a classic version of TClock Lite. I have used it on windows xp but I am not sure how it works on windows 7.

If you want then you can check out LClock as well, While using LClock you just have to do a single click on the tray clock and you will be presented with LClock own calendar. It is similar to TClock but the main difference between TClock and LClock is that it doesn't allow a simultaneous time and date display. There are different versions of TClockEx but you can get the latest one.