Thread: Get UX Pack for Windows 8

Get UX Pack for Windows 8

I have installed Windows 7 in my laptop and I am using it since long time. One of my friends had installed the Windows 8’s consumer preview on his laptop and showed it to me and I was amazed by the way its appearance was designed. The performance and the use were bad, but its desktop was one of the coolest I had ever seen. Is there any software or application that will help me get the Windows 8 like appearance on Windows 7? If anybody knows any such software, please let me know.

Re: Get UX Pack for Windows 8

You can search for Windows 8 UX pack on internet and use it to get the Windows 8 like interface on Windows 7. I am sure you will get what you want. Using this pack, you can immediately convert the Windows 7 interface into interface of Widows 8. The installation wouldn’t even take more than couple of minutes to take place. The best part of it is that installation of this Windows 8 UX pack is that the installation is continuous, that is you won’t need to wait for the software to download some content from internet and other such time consuming activities. It is just a simple installation and uninstalls process. Also the configuration and setting up Windows 8 UX pack on Windows 7 is very easy.

With use of Windows 8 UX pack you can get the Aero, Aero Lite and Metro type of theme easily. You can also get the view of the developer’s preview with this pack. It will not just modify the desktop screen of the Windows 7, but also modify the log in screen, and other parts of the theme like wallpaper and screensavers. Also the effects for the menu and the Orb start button from Windows 8 will be applied on Windows 7. The color scheme from the Windows 8’s actual theme along with the tiles on the desktop will be applied over Windows 7.

I suggest that you should download the Windows 8 UX pack v3.0 as it is the best available on internet right now. It will work on the .Net framework 4.0 smoothly. It will also provide you with the ViOrb which is only present in the developer’s preview of Windows 8. It will also provide uninstaller separately for the softwares and the features. I think this is the coolest addition done in this version of Windows 8 UX pack. The account controller in the previous versions of Windows 8 UX pack were kind of bugged giving problems regarding the administrator’s login requirements. In v3.0, these problems have been sorted out to give much better experience of Window 8 n Windows 7.

I had used the old version of Windows 8 UX pack and it had a big problem of restoring the original desktop when uninstalling the Windows 8 UX pack. After uninstalling the Windows 8 UX pack, it should have restored the original Windows 7 wallpapers and backgrounds, but it failed to do so and used to keep the backgrounds of Windows 8. This issue has also been rectified by the developers of Windows 8 UX pack in v3.0. The working of the Windows 8 tiles have been improved a lot. Previously, they were just to give an appearance of Windows 8, but now in v3.0, they actually fully function like that in Windows 8. There are also some updates in the Aero theme that is available in the Windows 8 UX pack.

By creating the Windows 8 UX pack, I think that the developers of it have done a great thing to provide the other users with appearance of Windows 8. I think that Windows 8 will only be used by the people who use their computers for purpose of entertainment and for casual use. Windows 8 looks useless for business purpose. But the appearance of Windows 8 is designed such that one can’t resist using it. I think Windows 8 UX pack is a great alternative to complete installation of Windows 8. After installing Windows 8 UX pack, one wouldn’t be able to distinguish between Windows 7 and Windows 8.

With release of Windows 8, the rise for the requirement of development for dedicated softwares will rise. I think that Windows 8 UX pack will help the developers to match the looks and the theme design part of their software or application with Windows 8 while developing the application in Windows 7. I hope that the developers of Windows 8 UX pack add the support for the touch screen display in the next version. It would be of real help if done.