Thread: Can I add visual styles in Windows 8

Can I add visual styles in Windows 8

It is possible to add visual style in Windows 8. The current design looks a bit dull. Unlike Windows 7, Windows 8 looks a bit different in the visual style and appearance. I need some options to customize that in better way. I had checked certain styles but that didn't worked well. I hope there are some one trying to tweak the existing interface making it more comfortable to use.

Re: Can I add visual styles in Windows 8

Microsoft has enhanced Windows 8 in many ways. Did you remember Windows Phone design. If we check a mobile operating system then we can locate straight forward options to get job done. Windows 8 is somewhat similar to that.

You do not need to rotate inside the existing setup to make many changes. I am sure there are better customization options available in that which can guide you properly.

I am using the Consumer Preview edition. But till yet I had not located the option to disable Metro UI. I am quiet use to desktop and want some similar help in Windows 8. First of all the control panel is bit different. There are tools listed but in different way. We are used to a simple interface where all settings are listed in the form of icons. That makes our work more easier. But compared to that Windows 8 is lot more different. There are some sites which says that they offer themes for Windows 8, but that does not work. I think we have to wait for the final version. This version will give you much detailed way and many types of settings through which you can modify the desktop settings. It is not all complicated to configure at that time. I am sure this is the Consumer Preview which is out has minimumum settings that you cannot at all configure. Anyone has more detail on the desktop settings. I am not able to locate the right settings. Luckily I had duabl boot my system so I can switch back to Windows 7 in a much better way. I would love to check other settings, but still I think Windows need more basic changes.

Windows 8 has a tablet interface. Have you ICS or iOS devices. They do not give you additional settings, file managers, etc. They are intact and to the point. The settings by default offer you display settings where you can change wallpapers and apply theme. Windows 8 is some what similar that that. They are removed many things from it making it very light for cpu.

One thing I had noticed that Microsoft has done major changes to its all editions. Did anyone has checked Windows Server latest edition. That also has a Metro UI type interface. I am not able to figure out here why Microsoft is giving so major changes to Windows. This would make more complicated for regular users to understand use it. Everyone out there is not geek who will easily grasp the interface. And about the visual style just forget about the same.

The OS is not yet completely configured or released. The final version is yet pending. And in that we can hope to have a better customization feature. Remember that Metro UI is a resource intensive tool and if you add more customization stuff your system will take more time to boot.

Windows 8 is good for those system who has better hardware support especially in video memory. Because regular system respond too poorly when using Windows 8. The Metro UI is a good addition, it will take time to get simple for others.

Why you want to add themes to Windows 8. I think there are no desktop customization tools available for this new operating system. It is just started to come among people. The final version will be released and then people will start making themes for this thing. I would recommend you to wait back until Microsoft provides the final version. When Vista was released, Microsoft made that thing compulsory with laptops. And the same happened with Windows 7 also. So I am wondering that Microsoft would provide Windows 8 as compulsory solution for every laptop and desktop system.

There must be choice to choose the OS as per need. Windows 8 is not complicated but it is new. It will take time to learn it properly and find out what things are located where. I had seen today even many people get confused while using Windows 7. I hope there would be some better changes.

First of all I am not able understand why Microsoft did so major changes. Do they want to compete other OS. Windows 8 looks a OS for touch stuff and if they limit this to tablet pc then that would be so better. And they must keep Windows OS different for desktop and laptop version. This would give more benefits to people.

I think Microsoft is trying to unify its OS on all type of hardware. Like mobile, tablet or desktop. They are trying to give a common interface for everyone. Also Windows works on Live ID support or else you might not able to collect nice updates. This is what made compulsory. I am sure Windows 8 will come with some type of interface or settings through which we can land on Windows 7 desktop back. Somewhat in theme settings.

But yet no one has tested that fully. I had checked many guides which said that Windows 8 will give the best interface compared to any other operating system, but that only depends on coming time.