Thread: How to unlock Blue Poison on windows 8 to apply different themes?

How to unlock Blue Poison on windows 8 to apply different themes?

It has been a week since I have installed windows in my system and I have been exploring all its features till date. Today I have come across a program called windows 8 Blue Poison 2.3 which has some interesting themes but they are appearing to be locked, I don’t know why we are not allowed to use the same. I am not sure but I think there might be a way to sue them, so I wanted to know if anyone else has come across it and has an idea regarding how to use it?

Re: How to unlock Blue Poison on windows 8 to apply different themes?

I have checked about the same have found that Windows 8 Blue Poison program needs to be started with elevated rights for enabling its functionality. You might have noticed that Blue Poison offers access to below features:
    • Windows Download
    • Unlock hidden features
    • Themes
    • Activation

The themes section offers ten new themes, you just have to click on any of the new theme and restart your system. It works for Developer Preview, which windows 8 version you are using??

I am running windows 8 customer preview and not the Developer Preview. I have tried running the Blue Poison program with administrator rights but they are appearing locked. I have gone through some other forums to find an answer for the same and have found that for customer preview we need some kind of hack for activating those options. I have been looking after a hack for it and haven’t come across any, if anyone gets any update on this then let me know it will be appreciated.

Yes the themes are locked in windows 8 customer preview and release preview. I haven’t found any one who have successfully managed to use those locked themes. I have come around some people who have mentioned that the SysWOW64 folder outside the System32 folder in Release Preview needs to be replaced with that of customer preview to unlock it. There are some other tricks that have been mentioned but like I have mentioned before no one has confirmed if that works or not. If you want then you can try out these trick’s but I really won’t suggest you doing that. I think that we will get it activated with the official release of windows 7.

I just wanted to know if you have tried activating the feature first, I have gone through a video on YouTube where I have seen that one has to activate the feature before using the theme. Just Google out “Unlock Hidden Features in Windows 8: Blue Poison “ and check out the respected video on YouTube and check out if it Is working out for you as well or not.

I haven’t used windows 8 customer preview on my system but I have found that there are different version of Blue Poison for windows 8 like:
    • BluePoison 2.0
    • BluePoison 2.0.1
    • BluePoison 2.0.1
    • BluePoison 2.2
    • BluePoison 2.3

As you have mentioned that they are locked in BluePoison 2.3 you can try downloading and installing older version of it and check out if they are unlocked in those version, let me know if you find themes to be unlocked in any of the older versions, best of luck.