Thread: All icons doesn’t gets changed by Icon Packager

All icons doesn’t gets changed by Icon Packager

I have been running windows 7 in my system and I have recently purchased full version of Icon Packager 5. Today I have created an Icon Package but after applying the same all icons are not getting changed in control Panel, I have tried applying the package a number of times and I do see some more Icons getting changed but not all. I had tried ending explorer.exe and restarting the computer but after that I found icons getting duplicates within control panel. I don’t think that I am missing anything and it seems as if this is a bug in Icon Packager but I am not that sure about it. Is there anyone who has noticed this using Icon Packager and has an idea about it??

Re: All icons doesn’t gets changed by Icon Packager

I am not sure but if you want then you can try out the below solution and see if they are making any difference in your case:

• Go In to under Settings>System Settings> IconPackager and try using 'Rebuild Icon Cache' and Repair Icon Images buttons and see if the issue is getting fixed that way. You can also try using Repair shell icons for all processes" as well.
    • If at all you are not able to fix the issue by that than Download "Blank Icons Fix" for your platform accordingly and run it as admin.

I think that one of these solutions should probably help you out. So just try them out and let me know if you face any issue with the above steps.

I have been facing the same issue and even I think that it is some kind of bug. I have been looking regarding a fix for this issue in several forums and have come across many people facing exactly the same issue but I have not yet come across a solution that had made any difference in my case. Some people had mentioned that “rebuild icon cache” trick had worked out for them but I wasn’t lucky enough. I tried performing that several times but that dint helped me out. Let me know if you get any help from the same trick.

I don’t know if this is an bug or some kind of incompatibility with Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit, I just wanted to share that I have used IconPackager on Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit and I did not had any issue there. Since updating to Windows 7 64bit whenever I am installing an icon package then all icons will get changed at that time but after a day or two some of the icons lose their instance of icon package. "Rebuild Icon Cache" does work bit I don’t think that I need to perform it again and again after a couple of days. I am really not willing to use it after my suscribtion gets ended. I have not got any kind of help from their official support and there is no point in extending the subscription of IconPackager.

I have done that last month, IconPackager was really good for nothing nor their support. I had bought them with a hope that it will work well even after going through some negative review of it. I really dint waited for my subscription to get over and I just uninstalled it. I am not gonna use it again after this, anyways I agree to Sunondo for saying that there is some kind of incompatibility with Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit as my friends having 32bit are not having any issue like that. I personally don’t think that people running in to the mentioned issue will swap to 32bit just for the sake of using IconPackager.

It seems as if even I will have to quit using IconPackager, I have opened a ticket at stardock and have gone through some of the solutions that I can see here as well but no avail. It feels as if opening a ticket at their end was just a waste of time. My subscription will get over at the end of august and ill make sure that am not extending it. Until then if anyone comes across any effective solution that can help then do let me know it will be highly appreciated.