Thread: Ribbon Disabler for Windows 8

Ribbon Disabler for Windows 8

Hope you guys understood what i meant. I want to disable the Ribbon which is introduced as new feature in Windows 8 but i dont like it. Actually i dont like it even in MS Office 2007 and use to always keep it minimized when i was using it on W7. So, i want to disable it and want to do it with any simple application or by simple tweaking. Not from registry. If you guys have any idea about such application or any tweak, please let me know soon.

Re: Ribbon Disabler for Windows 8

Well, you will be surprised to know that your title contains the answer itself

There is an application called 'Ribbon Disabler' whos task is to disable ribbons on your Windows 8 system. The app works with both 32bit and 64bit system. If you want you can download Ribbon Disabler from here. It is very light installer and small in size, just 68kb. It allows you to enable or disable ribbons anytime you want with just a click.

One more interesting part of this app is that it disable ribbon from every where except your Paint app and wordpad because these two apps cannot be used without ribbon. So download and enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by maq.h View Post
    There is an application called 'Ribbon Disabler' whos task is to disable ribbons on your Windows 8 system. The app works with both 32bit and 64bit system. If you want you can download Ribbon Disabler from here. It is very light installer and small in size, just 68kb. It allows you to enable or disable ribbons anytime you want with just a click.
    That is really useful app, thanks for sharing Maq.h. Even i dont like ribbon in windows explorer of W8, actually it is of no use for me and instead it takes space of your window. So what i need to do is simply click the up arrow next to Help. It is very useful too, we just need to click that Arrow up and down to enable or disable the ribbon. Its simplest for the prople who want to install any third party application on their system.

Thanks for your valuable replies, friends. Thats true that going with the default options is better than installing any third party apps because of malwares or keyloggers. But still i would like to here with 'Ribbon Disabler' app because it minimizes the Ribbon for almost all apps in your system except the two, Paint and wordpad, which cannot be done with any of the default options of windows.