Thread: Which is the best icon maker for Windows

Which is the best icon maker for Windows

I have two system one working on windows 7 and other on windows xp and I am looking out for best icon maker. I have to give a presentation in my college and have created some pages as well but I want to add an icon that will describe my group. I have checked out some of them but I am not able to make out the best one as I have never used the same before. So is there anyone who is using one or has an idea regarding the best one??

Re: Which is the best icon maker for Windows

You can try out Falco Icon Studio, it has the below features:
    • Loads image extensions like DLL/EXE, BMP, GIF (Animated), PNG, JPG, ICO, CUR, ANI, TARGA, PSD(Photoshop), PCD(Kodak), TIFF, ICL(Icon Library) files.
    • Saves in JPG, GIF (Animated), PNG, BMP, ICO, CUR, ANI, TARGA, TIFF, ICL (Icon Library) formats
    • Gives you unlimited UNDO/REDO, Copy/Paste others Editors like MS Paint, etc. and lets you open them in Multiple Windows.
    • Provides you huge selection of tools like Pencil, Line, Text, Rectangle, Spray, Ellipse, Filled Rectangle, Filled Ellipse, Fill Tool, Selection tool, Color Selection Tool, Lasso Selection Tool, Blur and Eraser.
    • It also provides effects like Rotate, Flip, Shift, Contrast, Brightness, Invert Colors, Blur, Gray-Scale, HLS Adjustment, Sharpen, Emboss, Contour, Contrast Filter, High Contrast Filter, Prewitt, Sobel, Laplas.
    • It Supports Webcam and scanner.
    • It has File Preview, Photoshop Selections and Noise Reduction Function.

Check out IconCool Studio v7, I have been using the same and it is one of the best icon makers I have even come across. Using this you can not only create icon for Windows 7/Vista OS but you can create iPhone, Andriod and UNIX icons as well. It has a Powerful marquee operation and can create icon with different states in a minute. It offers a visible filter operation, Flexible gradient editing and Supports Multi-format images as well. You can use convenient shortcut keys for carrying out your tasks. It also supports mutual-sending image between Photoshop and IconCool Studio 7. It has a Friendly interface; some new features have been added in IconCool Studio v7 like you can now Insert an icon to current project easily and test out the icon at different areas to see the effect. You can now create styled watermark quickly and select consistent colored area using its Fantastic magic wand tool.

You can use any from the below ones, they are the top 5 Free Icon Editors:
    • IcoFX 1.6
    • Iconmaker
    • IconDeveloper
    • aaIco Icon Editor 3.0
    • Greenfish Icon Editor Pro (version: 1.51)

I am currently using Junior Icon Editor and I think that it is best icon maker for newbie’s. it is capable of creating and editing icons in color depths and is compatible with Windows XP, Windows vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 developer preview as well. You can make use of friendly tool like en, brush, airbrush, ellipse, rectangle, line, curve tools and effects like Roll, shift and rotate. You can easily Import and export .ico, .png, .xpm, .xbm, and .icpr format images. It is available for free so just check it out before buying one, best of luck.