Thread: Install .theme files of mac on windows 7

Install .theme files of mac on windows 7

I am using windows 7 and I have recently downloaded a mac theme but I don’t know how to install the same. It’s not that I am not aware of installing themes but this theme is appearing to be different. I mean normal theme used to have an .exe file but this one is having .theme files, master file and some dll files and I am not getting a way to install them, can anyone help??

Re: Install .theme files of mac on windows 7

In that case just follow the below steps:
    • First install the below patcher (auto installer) for your system accordingly and then extract the downloaded file:
    • 32-bit (x86)
    • 64-bit (x64)
    • After extracting the file look out for exe file and run the same, select appropriate language and click on ok.
    • When you get a universal theme patcher report box then click on ok and patch themeservice.dll, themeui.dll,uxtheme.dll file and reboot your system.
    • Now go to C:\Windows\Resources\Themes and place sico, sico big, sico small file in the folder and place the folder and your mac theme there.
    • Once you are done with the same the theme will appear in your personalization menu.

Just try it out and let me know if you face any issue further.

You can try out the below method as well:
    1. Download Universal Theme Patcher and after patching file reboot your system
    2. If you have downloaded your Mac Theme then Open Theme Installer folder and Extract Theme Installer, now you will see a zip folder and exe file.
    3. After that Right-click on WindowsThemeManager.exe and run it as admin, when windows theme installer window gets opened then add the system files ONE by ONE and make sure that you are adding the files correctly. I mean you have to add 64-bit files in the left pane where as 32-bit files in the right pane. Since you are using Mac theme, you will have to add .theme, explroer.exe, explorerframe.dll, shell32.dll. and click on Install Theme and then on Apply. Once the theme gets added in the list of themes then you should reboot the system so that it takes the effect properly.

Hope that helps.

Yes these solutions work, I have tried out the first one myself when I had come across a mac theme and was confused like you. Anyways I just wanted to add that if you are finding it a bit difficult to understand then you can simply Google out “How to Install a Mac Theme on Windows 7” and check out a video on youtube. You will get a better idea from there, best of luck.