Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Thumbnail Preview and aero peek wont work after using Eyefinity

Customize Desktop

Old 26-07-2012

Thumbnail Preview and aero peek wont work after using Eyefinity

I am having a gaming system with multiple monitors enabled with Eyefinity. The system was running with Windows 7 Home basic. Everything was working fine since i recently upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate, i started getting problems with Windows Aero Peek. Now the thumbnail preview and Aero peeks work fine unless i keep Eyefinity disabled. Once i enable it, Windows Aero and thumnail preview stops working. As a troubleshooting i updated my graphic card and all system drivers but yet the same result. What could be the problem and how can i fix it ? Please help.

Old 26-07-2012

Re: Thumbnail Preview and aero peek wont work after using Eyefinity

Sounds probably the graphic setting issues. You should check these settings properly. Make sure Aero peek is enable from your control panel. Other reason for this use to be the drivers but as you said drivers are already upto date, you should go to personalize or simply type Aero in Start field and let windows Troubleshoot the problems with Aero and thumbnail preview.

If that also wont solve your problem, i'll suggest you run Windows Repair to fix this issue. Try these out and let me know the results.
Old 27-07-2012

Re: Thumbnail Preview and aero peek wont work after using Eyefinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Brian View Post
i'll suggest you run Windows Repair to fix this issue.
Yeah, this is the working solution for the mentioned problem. Many times this happens due to driver conflicts. i have bit experience with Eyefinity issues. though i solved it with various workaround but yet i dont know what is the sure shot fix for the same. Hence, i am giving you some tips, try it out. Any one of them should surely work for you

First start with the fresh driver installation. Am talking about only graphics drivers. Uninstall and install them again. Second, is try to move your task bar to right side of windows, i mean Vertical taskbar. just unlock it by right clicking in taskbar and move it to right side. Also go to taskbar settings and make it never combine. This can also work. And if not, the third and last thing is offcourse Windows Repair.

TechArena Community > Software > Customize Desktop
Tags: , ,