Thread: Is there a way to take off login screen's "Other Credentials" button?

Is there a way to take off login screen's "Other Credentials" button?

I have a windows 7 system and currently I am looking out for a way to remove "Other Credentials" button from my system’s login screen. I really do not have any idea about removing the button as I haven’t tried out removing any button before. Along with this button I am also looking out for removing the user name, then the welcome text and the locked text while the computer is locked.

I have done a lot of research in authui.dll where I was able to remove the user icon. Once if am able to make out the location of other credential button then surely I will manage to take it off the login screen but who can help me with it. Any one of you, if aware of this button then please informs me and help me in removing it. It doesn’t matter if you are not able to help me removing the other texts like user name, welcome text and locked text but at least help me with deleting the Other Credential button.

Re: Is there a way to take off login screen's "Other Credentials" button?

I am not sure what should be the exact solution for removing the other credential button but according to my logic as far as I can understand, this button should appear until you have got multiple options for logging into your system. For example in my windows system I have got two ways to login into my account, first is simply through entering the password and the second one is through the access of fingerprint. Now if you manage to remove the fingerprint logon option then the Other Credential button shouldn’t have any reason to appear on my logon screen. The best thing I could suggest you is to remove the either of the logon option and make sure that you use only one option to login into your system.

This is what the exactly solution you would get mostly from other too. Other Credential button is for switching between the logon options. If you have no alternate option to login into your account then definitely the Other Credential button is going to be of no use.

I have already tired this in my computer and successfully managed to eliminate this button permanently. Whenever I disable the fingerprint reader the Other Credential button also disappears and when I enable the fingerprint reader again the Other Credential button also gets enabled.

Other alternate option is to delete the following: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\Credential Providers\{AC3AC249-E820-4343-A65B-377AC634DC09}

You might find a value called WinBio Credential Provider. Once you delete it the Credential Button is disabled completely.

Disabling the alternate logon option is fine but I do not completely agree with deleting the registry key because once if you do so the Service is going to be disabled completely which is not acceptable.

As far as I can understand with this thread the users want just to disable the Other Credential button rather than completely disabling the service. If you are will to completely remove off the Other Credential button then I would strictly suggest you to delete the registry key but if you want to just disable that button then disable the Fingerprint reader or the password option leaving only one option for you on the logon screen.