Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Script to remind my work or a popup, when i click on shut down computer

Customize Desktop

Old 17-07-2012

Script to remind my work or a popup, when i click on shut down computer

Hey guys I am looking for a Script that will remind me about any task in the form of a popup if I have made while shutting down the computer. Actually I have loads of task to do in a day and I always miss out some, so I want a script where I will get a reminder when I click on shut down computer if I have not closed the script. Is there any Script that can help me out?? Anyone??

Old 17-07-2012

Re: Script to remind my work or a popup, when i click on shut down computer

You seem to be asking for an interesting script, there are scripts that can act as a reminder but I doubt you will be able to trigger them by clicking on shut down computer. I will check about the same and will post back with my findings, till then you will have to wait for some hardcore script writer to reach your thread.
Old 18-07-2012

You can try out the below attached script and see if it is working out for you or not, I have not tried out the same but I have come across one mentioning that it works. After downloading the script follow the below steps:
Open the script and copy the contents in a notepad file and save it as shut down computer.
  • After that Go to Start > Run> type "gpedit.msc" without quotes
  • When you get a new window opened then go to Computer Configuration > Windows Settings > Scripts (Startup/Shutdown)
  • Right click on Shutdown> select Properties> Click 'Add'> browse file> Click 'OK'> close Policy Editor.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Shutdown Reminder.zip (398 Bytes, 0 views)
Old 18-07-2012

If you are having a logon auditing enabled which you have to enable form Security Policies management console then you can make use of event viewer in order to find a event for user logoff or system shutdown. After getting the even you can create a task for that event with the message that you might be willing to get displayed. You can also create a script using VBscript and go through gpedit.msc (group policy settings) for setting it up. You can get a standard message box with desired text, buttons, icons, etc.
Old 18-07-2012

I am not sure about the above things but I have checked about the same and I have found people mentioning that the best idea will be creating a scheduled task and setting the same to run after 10 minutes and so before logging off.

TechArena Community > Software > Customize Desktop
Tags: , ,