Thread: Removing mouse pointer completely at startup

Removing mouse pointer completely at startup

I have recently installed windows 7 OS into my computer machine. However now I am looking out for a trick to remove or delete the mouse cursor completely. In my case I never use the mouse cursor and therefore I need to completely eliminate it from my computer. is it really possible to do? Anyone has any idea then please let me know.

Re: Removing mouse pointer completely at startup

Deleting the mouse cursor entirely from the computer screen is not at all possible I guess. Either you can try to set the cursor as auto hide after a period of time that too only if the mouse is kept untouched for the assigned time period or you can make use of some available application that are available for hiding the mouse cursor in windows system.

However I guess using the auto hid feature is not actually going to fulfill your requirement because this feature will hide the cursor only when your mouse is at idle state. But still I would like to suggest you to check out the mouse settings section where you might get some help.

I am sorry if posting in a wrong section but I feel that my doubts and questions are similar and also related to the question that has been asked here.

1. Firstly I wanted to know that is there any solution for completely deleting the rolling blue ring from the computer that appears at the welcome and shut down screen
    2. Another thing I would like to ask is how exactly we can remove the mouse pointer that we have created by our own self?

Deleting the Mouse pointer completely is not possible but I think you can delete the mouse pointer schemes that you created by yourself. Now here I would like to talk about deleting the Created Mouse pointer scheme. Below is entire procedure of destroying the mouse pointer.

• First in your windows 7 system go to Control panel (hope you know how to reach Control panel)
    • Now there in Appearance and Personalization go to Change Change Desktop background
    • There you will get an option of changing the mouse pointers, just click on it
    • Go to Mouse properties and select the Pointer scheme you wanted to delete and that’s it. Click on Delete and your pointer scheme is deleted.

As already said completely eliminating the mouse cursor from the system is not at all possible but you can make it invisible with the help of an external application by downloading it into your computer. AutoHideMouseCursor is the application that can be used for hiding the mouse cursor. This application will help you to hide your cursor from the windows while you are active and working without affecting or disturbing. You need not have to keep your mouse idle or something in order to hide the cursor; also you do not have to do anything manually again and again to hide it. It’s the job of AutoHideMouseCursor application where you have to just set the timer for your cursor to hide automatically after a time period.

This application is well compatible with all the windows based systems including windows Vista, XP, 7 and etc. the current version of this application is 1.11. The best part of this application is that it’s a small sized app which will simply take the space in KB. CPU usage is also too low.

No matter how beautiful the application is but still I don’t think this app is able to eliminate the cursor completely. I mean, the cursor is bound to stay on screen at least for few seconds. This mean you will have to face it for a while until it gets disappear automatically as the time come.

Go for Iconoid. This is it. I have this application installed into my computer and guess what you can also set the disappearance of the cursor even after a second which means that the cursor will stay on screen for just one second and then everything is yours. The screen will be no more with the cursor.

I think you can also hide the cursor completely without letting it appear even for a second.

Firstly I wanted to know that is there any solution for completely deleting the rolling blue ring from the computer that appears at the welcome and shut down screen

Before letting you know the steps I would like to give you a quick description about the blue swirling orbit. This type of cursor is responsible by the imageres.dll. This is the files which contains the cursor. Once if you delete the cursor from this file automatically that rotating blue circle will go off from your shut down and welcome screen.

1. If you are using a windows 32 bit system then navigate through the following path: C:\Windows\System32
    2. If windows 64 bit system then navigate in: C:\Windows\System32 and C:\Windows\SysWOW64
    3. Within the above location inside the png or bitmap folder you might find imageres.dll. just delete the cursor from this folder and the moving circle is gone.

I will not say that the above steps are wrong or faulty instead I would say that the steps are actually not enough to remove the circle cursor. Simply deleting the cursor will not eliminate the cursor; you will still get it in the boot sequence. If wanted to remove the cursor at the shut down and welcome screen completely then check this out:

• In your windows click on Start and in Run type regedt32
    • Now here in the windows check out for the following path: Hkey_users/.default/control panel/cursors
    • (You need to already download a blank cursor for the replacement with the removed one)now paste the blank cursor in place of the rotating circle. Paste it in the following folder: C: /Windows/Cursors
    • Once you paste the blank cursor make sure to edit the path in Hkey_users/.default/control panel/cursors with the blank cursor.