Thread: What features does Samurize Desktop tool has?

What features does Samurize Desktop tool has?

I wanted to modify my desktop to a cool theme. I searched on internet and found that Rainmeter is a tool that helps to modify the desktop as needed. But my friend said that Samurize is another tool that will help to modify the desktop and it is better than Rainmenter. I know much about Rainmeter but don’t know about Samurize. Can someone tell me what features does Samurize provides that will be helpful for modifying the desktop?

Re: What features does Samurize Desktop tool has?

Samurize has many inbuilt templates and components that can be used to modify the desktop. The component consists of Disk utilization, CPU usage, network traffic, system temperatures and many more such things. Using these components, one can develop a desktop which will provide maximum information about the computer and other information. This is not only useful for beautifying the desktop but also useful for having certain information handy. For example, you need to frequently install softwares or transfer data in your computer. Now it would be difficult to go in the My Computer and check available space. I know it is few clicks away, but for better way, I will find it on my desktop and I can decide where I can transfer the data.

The best part of using Samurize is that one doesn’t need to have any knowledge of programming to use this customization tool to beautify the desktop. I have never done programming till now in my life and still I was able to make a cool layout for my desktop. All I had to do was to add the components that are given in this software on the layout design and give it colors and change its attributes. It was easy to use and also very easy to understand. If you know scripting, then I think that more flexibility will be achieved in the modification of the components. But even without it, the results are great.

I being the administrator of the computers at my workplace, I have to keep a look for the activities that are going on the employee’s computer in my department. Samurize helps to keep a lookout on the activities of the other computers in the network. We can set it to give details of the websites that are being visited from there. It helps to keep check on the content that is being viewed in the workplace on desktop itself. Before this I had to use another software for the same purpose, but since that software needed to much of RAM and other resources, I had to use it on anther computer. Also with low consumption of resources, Samurize has proved to be more useful than just desktop beautification tool.

The best part of using Samurize is that one doesn’t need to have any knowledge of programming to use this customization tool to beautify the desktop. I have never done programming till now in my life and still I was able to make a cool layout for my desktop.
    Samurize uses WYSIWYG editor due to which it is possible to get the output as good as we get to see. The editor that is used in Samurize is of such a good quality that it will give the output as we see it while working. This means, if during creation of the desktop layout, you will see red colored clock in corner of screen, it will look same after the end results without any changes. So this is why it is possible to achieve good results even without any use of programming or scripting in Samurize.

Another good things that I like about Samurize is that the plug-ins can also be made using SDK/API scripts. Also many plug-in are available so that we can use them to have more detailing in the desktop modification that we have done. I know that Samurize doesn’t need any programming or scripting knowledge, but to do advanced modifications that is beyond the given presets, you need to have knowledge of scripting or programming. But now it is not possible for every Samurize user to have this knowledge, so many plug-ins and user built scripts are available for the use of public. Also this plug-ins doesn’t need some frameworks like .NET or some specific service packs to run. This is the best part as many such tools use .NET framework which becomes problematic for other softwares which needs different versions of it to operate.

I use system with four monitors to play games on larger screens. The best part about Samurize is that it has supports the multiple monitor setup. We can place the clock on monitor 1 and the disk storage widget on another monitor and some third one on another monitor. So in this manner, we can designate different widgets on different monitors and have properly managed them on our computer. We can have the temperature of the system on one monitor so that we can keep a look out on the change that comes in it regularly while playing the games. I think Samurize is awesome tool for hardcore gamers who need to keep a lookout for computer’s activities regularly.

A person with good imagination can achieve a good desktop using Samurize. I have seen on internet how people have made some awesome themes and layouts for their computer. It seems like the computer has come out of some sci-fi movie. I watched on screenshot on internet which featured the desktop in layout of Batman. It was so beautiful that if placed in a cave, the computer itself would create a feel of being in a bat cave. I too am trying my hand at making high class layouts, but still haven’t got it right.