Thread: Which is better VistaGlazz or Fences?

Which is better VistaGlazz or Fences?

I have recently built my system with windows 7 64 bit running into it. Currently there is no problem with the working of the computer. However I am not well satisfied with the look of my computer desktop and also I do not like the current theme and the placement of the icons. Now here I wanted something which could help me in arranging and making the look of my computer good.

Also I already searched on internet for such software which ended up giving me long lists of the application that meets my requirement. I have shortlisted few of them so that I can choose the best one but the problem is that right now I am very much confused between two apps. One is VistaGlazz and the other one is Fences. I have really liked these two apps. I found that mostly these two apps are able to satisfy me with my requirements but none of them is having the complete quality. can anyone help me out choosing the best amongst these two?

Re: Which is better VistaGlazz or Fences?

If you ask me I would personally prefer Fences. Yes, this is the application which will help you in arranging and grouping your files and folders and also help you to keep your desktop clean and look beautiful. With VistaGlazz I don’t think you will get all these benefits and features. the only think that you won’t get with Fences is desktop wallpaper and themes. But that’s not a great deal you can easily get the wallpapers from internet. Once you are done with arranging your icons and placing them at a suitable place you can change the overall look of your computer with just changing the wallpaper.

Hey look, everything depends upon you. You are the one who can understand your need and select the suitable app between the both. If you are looking out for unsigned themes then better choose VistaGlazz, if you are looking out for customizing your desktop then go for Fences.

Like already said in the above post Fences is the one that you should prefer. It has the best features and more possibilities to make your desktop look better.

I do not understand from exactly comparison came into the picture. Both the apps are completely different and I guess they also do different task which cannot be compared. As far as I know Fences is used to arrange your desktop icons into groups like folders, files, tools and applications which make the desktop look clean and also removes the stress of searching anything on the desktop.

When it comes to VistaGlazz, it is nothing but helps your system to get unsigned themes. Overall it helps in maintaining the transparency. Actually the reason why VistaGlazz is so famous is because it is very much compatible with other windows system too like Windows XP actually do not supports custom styles but however VistaGlass makes it easily possible. WindowBlinds is also the one that provides a solution but the performance was not really great so this app was ignored.

Yes, even I agree with that. Both the apps are different with both their tasks and features. I really love VistaGlazz; the transparency look is really great. I must suggest you to try this transparency look. Fences have no such feature it play a different role. You can easily activate the transparency in your windows 7 system. But there are certain conditions, first you video card should be DirectX9 certified and next Windows Aero should be activated. this will help you to get the transparency look. I don’t think you should have any problem with maximizing the widow unlike Windows Vista. Actually in case of Vista the transparency effect stays only till your window in not maximize where as in other machine the effect stays even after the window is maximize.

VistaGlazz looks as a simple app but it isn’t. I must say that this app is one amongst those apps which plays the complicated role of customizing. It helps you in getting the Vista look as per your requirement due to the DLLs that are provided by the patches of this app. If would love to mess up with the Vista look without paying anything then this is it. Here is the best app for you. the Aero also changes just to keep the transparency affect even after the maximizing the window.

The app is not at all meant for Windows Vista SP1, rest other version are fine. So if anyone using Vista SP1 first please manage to remove or upgrade the SP of your Vista OS. Rest other windows OS are fine.

I am extremely sorry for the interrupting in-between the discussion but I think this the right place for me to place my doubt and question. Can anyone help me in using getting Fences in my windows 7 computer system? Heard that Fences is best for managing the desktop, if it’s true then please help me in getting and using it.

Look downloading fences is nowhere difficult for you. Once you search on google you can get the download page at the first or second link. Just click on the links and search for the download option and download it and install it into your computer.

• After the installation open the Fences by clicking on the icon.
    • Now in the window you will get two options; “Start Using Fences” and “I will create my fences on my own”
    • I would suggest you to select the first option which is more preferable if you are a new user of Fences
    • Next you will be displayed with another two option; here there is no requirement for any guidance as you are the one to choose how you want to customize your desktop. Just choose your preference of customization
    • Now choose how you need to get the layout. This will position your layout and also show you the number of Fences that you are going to get
    • Done. Your Fences is ready. Just enjoy the new look of your computer.
    • If you want you can also create your own Fences but for that I would suggest you to first get used to the current settings and then carry on with your experiment.

Creating our own Fences can helps us very much. With the first option that has been suggested above of using Fences with no huge customization will leave you with limited options for setting the icons but when you try to create your own fences then you will be getting lot of facilities and options.

And if you need to create a new fence then you need not have to follow the complete procedure. Just right click on the desktop and drag the cursor now as soon as you release the cursor you will be getting an option to create a new Fence there itself. Just Click and then enter the name of your new Fence.

Is it going to harm you if you try both the apps into your computer? I mean you like both the apps and their features why don’t you just try both of them. I think you should do it. You won’t be charged anything for this. As far as I know both the apps are freeware software and also they both should be compatible with your machine so better download both of them. The best place to get both the apps together from the same location is to visit Cnet. Just visits the download page of Cnet website and from there download both of them. You can get the complete information about the software from there itself. The size of the file, the compatible OS, product rating and such things will be displayed there.