Thread: How to add Live Wallpapers on Windows 7

How to add Live Wallpapers on Windows 7

Hi, this is my very first post on this forum, glad to join you guys I want to know a little trick but before that let me tell you am not so techie in computers. I am having a Windows 7 computer, upgraded it just last week from XP. I have seen many PCs having live wallpapers on their desktop screens. it really looks amazing as i have a 22inch LED monitor and want to keep Spiderman's live wallpaper. Could you guys please make me know how can i do that ?

Re: How to add Live Wallpapers on Windows 7

Well, there are many ways to add live wallpaper on your windows 7 desktop but as you said you are not so technical, you can simply use a small software called ‘Dreamscene Seven’ and set those live wallpapers. Installation is very simple. Just download Dreamscene Seven from here , double click the downloaded file and click on “Install DreamScene”. That’s it. Now right click any of your video files and you will get option sating “Set as wallpaper”. (Those live wallpapers are actually short videos). You can set any of your own videos as well as download from web as well.

Quote Originally Posted by shikhar View Post
    Well, there are many ways to add live wallpaper on your windows 7 desktop but as you said you are not so technical, you can simply use a small software called ‘Dreamscene Seven’ and set those live wallpapers.
    Dreamscene is pretty good software for making our desktops live. But as you said, this is for bit little technical guys, what else way is there to make Windows 7 desktop Live ? I would like to know as i love to do R&D on computers. Could you help me please

Yes, there is another way that need expertise. You need to do it using a custom script. That also requires latest Java SDK version to be installed. You also need to make your sequence of images with proper numbering with HEXADECIMAL. For more info and the complete process for doing the same you can check out this youtube video.

Quote Originally Posted by shikhar View Post
    Yes, there is another way that need expertise. You need to do it using a custom script. That also requires latest Java SDK version to be installed. You also need to make your sequence of images with proper numbering with HEXADECIMAL. For more info and the complete process for doing the same you can check out this youtube video.
    Well dude, thanks for sharing the same. I am aware of this process and would like to say it is very hectic. Never go for it unless and untill you are aware of enough scripting and HEXADECIMAL stuffs. Compared to this Dreamscene Seven is very much better. it is very light, wont eat your system memory or CPU. So if any one of you want to put live wallpaper on your desktop, choose Dreamscene and make it happen easily.