Thread: How to fix out of screen resolution on Windows Vista

How to fix out of screen resolution on Windows Vista

I am facing issue when I am connecting a dual screen. I have Samsung 22" LED monitor with me. When I connect that to my gpu and changed the screen resolution from Display Properties, it goes out of limit. The icons are not visible my mouse cursor is super large and pages are too big. How to fit that on both the screen. I was using a old 17" CRT monitor. I thought it would be waste to keep that aside and use the new LED. So a friend suggested me to use both as dual screen support. I am not able to get the right screen resolution on both of them. Can anyone suggest me best optoin to configure resolution.

Re: How to fix out of screen resolution on Windows Vista

That looks a issue with both monitor sizes. To get a common screen on both monitor you need similar models so that Windows adjust them automatically. Try to reduce that and you can see a smaller screen on the LED. You have to use the same as it is.

Update your gpu driver. I think that might cause the issue. I will recommend you to work on smaller resolution. There is no way you can get a aspect ration on both the screens. You will need to check what is the maximum one your smaller monitor supports. Then setup the same in display properties. Vista also does not has any kind of software that can auto fit the screen to manage the resolution on different monitors. The easiest way according to me to is configuring both the monitors separately. That is possible. What gpu do you have. Do you have any control center for it. If yes then you can separately configure both the monitors. The second screen will reflect the first one. Short you are working on the same space while dual monitor allows you to have large space. The best thing you can do is leave the crt and use LED one. You can work on higher resolution on that.

Try once to check in the display properties of graphic card. I am sure there is way to separate the resolution. Both the monitors will not work on separate resolution. You have to either use them as one screen.

I hope there is a display adapter available. But that too provides you a single monitor usage only. There are no ways to have different resolution different monitors. I hope there is a option for the same available in ATi Catalyst Control Center. If you are have one Ati's card in your system then try to check in the control center. I had tested this before but was not successful. The most it can provide is option to us dual screen where the first screen replicate the same resolution of other. And you have one CRT monitor and other LED monitor which I think is not possible to have different resolution both. You can also try to check something in display properties. But I am sure that you are not able to get the different resolution in both the monitors.

I am sure for that you will need advance options in display properties. There are some gpu's which comes with advance control center to provide you that much option. What is the gpu you are using right now.

When you plugin the second monitor in display properties > advance settings you can see support for extended monitor here. The problem is that there is only one slider here. Vista has no option to manually provide you two different slider for two monitors. If you raise resolution your CRT monitor will show large icons and space. It is quiet not easy to manage and control both of them. It is better that you can simply check and ensure the maximum resolution your CRT can support. Because this is the smallest monitor you have right now. Drag the slider slowly one by one and ensure that you can see the right screen. And stop unless the crt resolution exceeds. There is nothing you can do. I had tried many times to find a option by which I can get two different resolution on two different monitors. But that was really not possible. I am not sure about what video card the above guys are talking. There are constant resolution possibility only.

Get a common monitor. Gift the old one to somebody. LED's are very cheap today. I had bought two set of the monitors. Common configuration on same is possible and easier.

This can be done with the help of Nvidia control panel. You will need a similar graphic card for the same. Once you connect both the monitor in Nvidia Control Panel you can see a option Change resolution under Display. In that you can simply find two separate monitors listed. By clicking on each of them manually you can configure the resolution and set them as per your need. I had tested this and it works. In the smaller monitor you can keep lowest resolution and on the higher one a bit bigger. This will give you more option to configure the resolution settings and make it work properly. It is recommend to update your latest gpu drivers before going for the same.