| || |
Join Date: Nov 2009
Re: Switch from universal theme patcher to windowblinds
Since SFC /SCANNOW Command and system restore is not helping you can try out repairing your system. For that you need to perform the below steps:
- Before starting the process Disable firewall, antivirus, or other security program, after that insert your retail Windows 7 installation DVD and click on Run setup.exe option in AutoPlay. When you are prompted for UAC, then click on Yes and click on Install Now button.
- After that uncheck “I want to help make Windows installation better” box and click on “Go online to get the latest updates for installation” option.
- When you do so the process will start checking available installation updates, after that check mark “I accept the license terms” click on Next
- And click on Upgrade option.
- Now windows will star checking for compatibility issues, will fix them out and will proceed with the process, at this time the screen may flash and computer will restart a couple of time. So don’t worry about the same and interrupt the process.
- When the repairing process get started then you will be asked for Windows 7 product key, so enter the same and Uncheck “Automatically activate Windows when I'm online” option and click on Next.
- After that Click on Use recommended settings and Select your time zone, after setting it accordingly click on Next and select correct network location for your computer.
- Once Windows 7 prepares your desktop for startup then make sure that you are not missing any file. If at all you miss any then you can copy it from C:\Windows.old.
- If everything goes well then you can proceed running Disk Cleanup. You just have to click on clean up system files button and check mark Files discarded by Windows upgrade, Previous Windows installations as well as Windows upgrade log files boxes.
- When you are done until here you have to refresh your Windows Experience Index (WEI) score. For that Open> Performance Information and Tools> Rate this computer> and click on Re-run the assessment link. Now when the process gets finished then your WEI base score will get updated.