Thread: Switch from universal theme patcher to windowblinds

Switch from universal theme patcher to windowblinds

I am running windows 7 in my system and I have been using Visual Studio Color Theme but now I am willing to switch to windowblinds. I have tried using universal theme patcher and windowblinds but I am not able to see content and I am just able to see frames. I don’t know what is going wrong with it. Can anyone help?

Re: Switch from universal theme patcher to windowblinds

Just try running SFC /SCANNOW Command in Windows 7 and see if that’s helping. You can refer to the below steps for the same:
    • First open a elevated command prompt and type sfc /scannow and hit enter
    • When the scan gets completed then it will fix if there is any issues, if it does not then run it again.
    • Once the process gets completed them reboot your system and try using universal theme patcher or windowblinds and see if they are taking theor effect.
    • Try it out and let me know what you get, if you face the same issue further then I will try to help you with further solutions.

If that does not work then you can try doing a system restore as well.

• Open Start Menu and type type rstrui.exe in search box and hit enter, now check out for System Restore option in the link and click on the same.
    • When the system restore window gets open then you choose a different restore point and click on next. Once you do that you will get a list of restore points so you can select one from the same and click on next.
    • When the process gets finished then Click on the Finish button and on yes for the confirmation and reboot your system.

Hope that helps.

Hey guy’s thanks for your interest I have now tried out running SFC /SCANNOW Command as well as doing a system restore but I have not got any help from the same. The issue is still the same, is there any way by which I can switch to windowblinds?? Further help regarding this issue will be appreciative, thanks in advance.

Since SFC /SCANNOW Command and system restore is not helping you can try out repairing your system. For that you need to perform the below steps:
    • Before starting the process Disable firewall, antivirus, or other security program, after that insert your retail Windows 7 installation DVD and click on Run setup.exe option in AutoPlay. When you are prompted for UAC, then click on Yes and click on Install Now button.
    • After that uncheck “I want to help make Windows installation better” box and click on “Go online to get the latest updates for installation” option.
    • When you do so the process will start checking available installation updates, after that check mark “I accept the license terms” click on Next
    • And click on Upgrade option.
    • Now windows will star checking for compatibility issues, will fix them out and will proceed with the process, at this time the screen may flash and computer will restart a couple of time. So don’t worry about the same and interrupt the process.
    • When the repairing process get started then you will be asked for Windows 7 product key, so enter the same and Uncheck “Automatically activate Windows when I'm online” option and click on Next.
    • After that Click on Use recommended settings and Select your time zone, after setting it accordingly click on Next and select correct network location for your computer.
    • Once Windows 7 prepares your desktop for startup then make sure that you are not missing any file. If at all you miss any then you can copy it from C:\Windows.old.
    • If everything goes well then you can proceed running Disk Cleanup. You just have to click on clean up system files button and check mark Files discarded by Windows upgrade, Previous Windows installations as well as Windows upgrade log files boxes.
    • When you are done until here you have to refresh your Windows Experience Index (WEI) score. For that Open> Performance Information and Tools> Rate this computer> and click on Re-run the assessment link. Now when the process gets finished then your WEI base score will get updated.