Thread: Screenshot Tour of Windows 8 Release Preview

Screenshot Tour of Windows 8 Release Preview

I just installed Windows 8 in my computer and started using it. The first moment when I saw Windows 8, I was amazed to see the excellence by which it was made. Windows 8 gives a look of a modern operating system. The square icons on the desktop are what caught my attention first. It is a good way to organize the objects and the applications in a computer. Windows 8 will look great if installed on a computer with a large monitor. The way in which the things are organized, I say, Windows 8 is a winner. Here are two screen shots of the Windows 8 that I am using in my computer.

Has anyone else used Windows 8 ? What do they feel about it?

Re: Screenshot Tour of Windows 8 Release Preview

The beautiful theme that is seen in Windows 8 is known as ‘Metro’ and the square icons which you see on the desktop are for the most used applications. Since Windows 8 is made especially for monitors with touch screen feature, the logos had to be large. Windows 8 interface is made by keeping the looks of a tablet PC in mind. First I thought that I am using some completely different operating system. After getting used to, I realized that Windows 8’s interface is similar to Windows 7. The only difference is that in Windows 8, the pattern and the formation in which the objects are placed is very different. The basic UI is same as Windows 7, which is the top panels, the taskbar, and the way in which a window opens; all are same as Windows 7. Another good thing about Windows 8 is that installation of it is very quick. When I first heard that Windows 8 will be of 4 GB, I thought that it might take more than an hour to get properly installed in a computer. But I was amazed when the whole operating system got installed within thirty minutes. Also when Windows 8 is installed and started for the first time, it takes only 10 seconds to become usable.

I think that other than interface, Windows 8 provides a good security as compared to older operating systems released by Microsoft. It has an inbuilt anti-virus and a spyware that will protect your computer from the moment you install Windows 8 in your computer. In older version many times it used to happen that you installed operating system and you connected it to internet for updating it and virus would enter your computer. But due to this good method, now no virus or any other malicious software will enter computer in the beginning. Also this anti-virus will be kept updated by Microsoft by providing patches for it regularly. One will also be able to install another anti-virus too if needed. To add more protection, Windows 8 has two types of passwords that can be used to keep the computer secure. One password is a four digit password where four characters can be used in combination to create a password. Also picture password is made available in Windows 8. You can set a line, a curve and a spot on a picture. Dragging mouse over these spots will unlock the computer.

I don’t think that there is anything worth appreciating in Windows 8. It is just a fancy look over given to Windows 7. The first thing I disliked about it was the amount of resources it needed to run properly. It needs a computer with graphic card and a huge amount of RAM. The second thing I hated is that due to its quick launch, it becomes difficult to have dual boot system. One needs to compulsorily have Windows Live account to fully utilize the features of Windows 8. Also there is no start button like in old operating systems. One has to pin the shortcut of needed application on the desktop or else enter the My Computer to access it.

ThumbsUp Re: Screenshot Tour of Windows 8 Release Preview

Wow, the new theme for Windows 8 is very eye-catching. I'm digging the designs too. I do hope it's also good performance-wise. To run this though, I may have to buy a new rig. I doubt my current computer setup can even make this run. I've read that it already has a built-in antivirus? Wow, I do hope it's good enough for me not to opt downloading/buying 3rd party software.

Quote Originally Posted by AgitoStorm View Post
    Wow, the new theme for Windows 8 is very eye-catching. I'm digging the designs too. I do hope it's also good performance-wise. To run this though, I may have to buy a new rig. I doubt my current computer setup can even make this run. I've read that it already has a built-in antivirus? Wow, I do hope it's good enough for me not to opt downloading/buying 3rd party software.
    Well, what is your computer specifications, if it can run Windows 7 then it should probably run Windows 8 as well. You can even certify your hardware for Windows 8 by going to find out whether your machine meets the system requirements by going to this official website - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr.../hh748200.aspx