Thread: How to remove Taskbar in windows 7 completely

How to remove Taskbar in windows 7 completely

Hey guys I am willing to remove taskbar from windows 7 completely. I am aware of solution like hiding taskbar and eliminating the same from task manager and so but I don’t want to try that out. Actually I have tried them out and I am still able to see fine line of it. So I just wanted to know if there is any other solution that I can try out further for removing the Taskbar completely?? Is there anyone who has tried out the same or has an idea about it??

Re: How to remove Taskbar in windows 7 completely

As far as I am aware you just need to have a shell program for disabling the Taskbar completely or try out other customization that you want and for that you can use the below program.
    Talisman Desktop 3.4
    • It is a shell-replacement for Windows 9x/ME and NT4/2000/XP/2003/2008/Vista/7
    • Using this one can just customize their interface as they want.
    • One can create anything as per their desire and arrange them as well, Talisman does not limit you from doing all that.
    • One can create multilevel user defined full screen desktops, Desktop Panels, customize Taskbar, system tray, clock.
    • One can create set of independent themes using number of pictures, buttons, objects rather than using standard icons.
    • Using the Built-in Object Editor you one can create, modify and remove any element in a theme.
    • It has Sound support for all events along with Start menu, folder menu, task menu, control menu, custom menu etc.
    • It has Script language, Plugins, HotKeys, Keyboard control, Messages engine so as to communicate with other programs with Protection and limited access functions.

If you want then you can download Hide Taskbar v 1.0 as well. It is different from the ‘Auto hide’ feature for hiding the taskbar. I mean when you use the ‘Auto hide’ feature then the taskbar appears when mouse pointer is moved down but here Hide Taskbar just hides the taskbar and not the Start Button. You just have to download and run Hide Taskbar v 1.0 after that you can Use hotkeys Ctrl+Esc for hiding taskbar. I think this program is the best for people like you who want to have a completely clean desktop. If you don’t like Hide Taskbar then you can check out RocketDock as well. RocketDock does not hide the taskbar when you run it but you have to use the hotkeys for hiding it. If you want to run the same on every startup then you can just move it to C:\Users\User-name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup. Hope that helps.

If it is about shell replacement then I think Aston will be a better choice. It is a sophisticated and simple shell and helps in making your desktop usable, beautiful as well as customizable. It is fully skin able and customizable. It obviously does the job like other shells like the ones mentioned above but its Integrated search provide faster searching and Internet. It is supported by Windows 7/XP/Vista 32 and 64-bit and has multi-language support as well. It will just make your desktop appear more Flexible, Beautiful, Reliable, Usable, Simple, Secure. There are the features of Aston:
    • Settings flexibility
    • Animated skins and themes
    • Live wallpapers
    • 3D objects in skins support
    • Widgets support
    • Themes' support
    • Customization simplicity and usability
    • Multi-language support
    • Color labels
    • Quick search
    • Progress indicator
    • Hotkey Manager, Events Manager
    • Task list appearance choice

You can check out Taskbar Hide - hide windows program 1.6.1 as well. I won’t speak about the same in detail but you can go through the features of Taskbar Hide:
    • Hide windows program (applications) or /Show/Close
    • Hide/Show icons from the system tray
    • Modify application windows order on taskbar
    • Stay on top window
    • Minimize to tray
    • Hide taskbar
    • Window Properties
    • Maximize all windows