Thread: screen stucked in classic mode on windows 7

screen stucked in classic mode on windows 7

I have been using aero on my system running on windows 7 and things were running up fine as well. Today after a reboot i found the windows starting up with windows classic mode. So now when I am trying to change back it to aero then it is not getting changed. The only thing that is getting changed is the wallpaper and not the theme. The screen is appearing to be stucked in classic mode. I just wanted to know if there is anything I can try out to get aero interface back?? Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

Re: screen stucked in classic mode on windows 7

Your issue seems to be weird but as it has happened suddenly in your case I think that the best thing to try out here will be doing a system restore from a specific point. For that you can refer to the below steps, just make sure that you are disabling antivirus program before performing this.
    • First open Start Menu and type “rstrui.exe” without the quotes in the search and hit enter. If you want then you can open System Restore from Start Menu> All Programs>Accessories>System Tools> System Restore. You can also open the same by opening Control Panel (All Items View)> Recovery> Open System Restore or Open Start Menu> Right click on “my computer”> select properties> System Protection link.
    • When you are done with the same then click on System Restore button and on Next if you have not done a system restore.If you have done System Restore previously then you can Select “Choose a different restore point” option and click on next.
    • Now just select listed restore point and click on next. If you want then you can also click on”Show affected programs and drivers” option and check out the Affected Programs and Drivers. After that Click on Next >finish >yes for the confirmation and finally on close.
    • If you want then you can also do a system restore from System Recovery Options at Boot but for that you need to have Windows 7 installation disc or System Repair Disc. So insert your Windows 7 installation disc and select System Restore option and follow the above steps further.

You can very well try out the above solution but if you are not having any luck with it then you can try uninstalling and reinstalling video card driver in your case. I am not very sure that will help or not but you can give it a try. Just make sure that you are making fresh installation of the driver and installing the latest one available.

Hey I have found one facing the same issue and he had mentioned that the issue was because Themes service was not automatic in his case. I am not very sure if you might be having same case but you can give it a try as well. You just have to right click on Desktop and chose "Personalize" option. If you find Windows Classic then go to start click and type cmd in search. Now run cmd as administrator and type "services.msc" without quotes and hit enter and make sure that the "Themes" service is Automatic. If it is then you can chose any Windows Aero theme further. Just check it out and let me know if it is helping.

Even I have found a solution regarding the same, if you have not yet got success in solving your issue by now then you can try out the below solution:
    Go in to control panel and click on Power Options and select the setting that you want and click on “Change plan settings” option.
    Now click on “Change plan settings” and check out for “enhanced settings”, when you get it then click on plus sign and click on Aero Glass and enable the same.