Thread: After upgrading to Mac OS X Lion I cannot change my Desktop Wallpaper

After upgrading to Mac OS X Lion I cannot change my Desktop Wallpaper

I was using MAC OS 10.6 in my computer and recently I have upgrade operating system to Mac OS X Lion. After upgrading the application to Mac OS X Lion I am experiencing problem with changing wallpaper. Whenever I right click on desktop and select change wallpaper option and then when I select any other wallpaper and click on ok at that time wallpaper does not get changed. Even when I select any MAC default image time also I get same problem. I have open application and the selected disk utility option from the utility menu and then I have repaired disk permission but after trying that solution also I was having same problem. Now after that I have created new user account in my computer and then I have logged in to that account and then when I tried to change my wallpaper at that time I get same problem. This problem is very irritating for me. What should I do to solve this problem?

Re: After upgrading to Mac OS X Lion I cannot change my Desktop Wallpaper

You should click on finder and then select your primary hard drive from the left side of the window. Now after selecting the primary hard drive you have to open system folder. In the system folder you will see library folder. Now open library folder and after opening that you have to look for the coreServices folder and then open it. now you should change the name of the wallpaper which is currently set on your desktop and then check whether it makes any difference or not? I am not sure whether it will resolve your problem or not? But you can try this.

If you have already tried above solution and after that also same problem is occurring then you have to check whether permission setting of Desktop Pictures are correct or not? you have to first click on the finder and then select your hard drive icon. Now click on the Library folder and from Library folder you have to look for the Desktop Pictures folder. After that you need to right click on the Desktop Pictures folder and then select get info option. At the bottom of the info window you will see the sharing and permission option. you have to make sure that privilege is set to read and write. If it is set it read only then change it. After changing that you have to right click on your desktop and then click on change wallpaper and then see whether you can change it or not?

Yes because of wrong permission setting this type of problem take place and we need to change the permission setting manually then problem will get solved. I was facing similar issue with my MAC PC and after searching on internet I have come to know that I need to change the permissions manually and then I have tried that solution and then my problem get solved. you should also try this trick and then see what the result is?

I have opened coreservices folder and then changed the name of wallpaper but after doing that also I was facing same problem. Now after that I have go to the Library folder and set the correct permissions for desktop pictures folder and then when I tried to change the wallpaper in my computer at that time I get same problem. is there anything wrong with the operating system? or something else is causing this problem? Thank you in advance.

You have to also set write permission for desktop preference file. To set the permission for desktop preference file you have to open users folder from your HDD and then go to the library from your account folder. In the library folder you will see preferences folder. Now look for the com.apple.desktop.plist file which is desktop preferences and then right click on that file and select get info option. Now change the permission from there and after changing the permission you have to see whether you can change wallpaper or not? I think after changing the permissions for desktop preference file you will be able to solve this issue.

Hi guys I am also using MAC OS X lion in my computer and I am also not able to change the desktop wallpaper in my computer. I have repaired disk permission to solve this issue but problem does not get solved. change the file permissions for desktop preference didn’t helped me to get rid of this problem. If anyone has answer regarding this problem then let me know.

I have solved this problem by resetting the system preferences in computer. you should also try to solve this problem by resetting the system preferences and then check whether you can change wallpaper in your computer or not? to reset the system preferences you have to open per Preferences folder and after opening the Preferences folder you have to find com.apple.systempreferences.plist file and move that file to trash. Now you have to restart your computer and then try to change your wallpaper. I hope with the help of this solution your problem will get solved.