Thread: Lenovo ThinkStation E30 is resuming from hibernation on its own

Lenovo ThinkStation E30 is resuming from hibernation on its own

I have bought Lenovo ThinkStation E30 and the problem that I am facing with the same is that when I am willing to use the hibernation then the hibernation process is starting fine butt then after it shuts down I don’t know why after five seconds the machine turns on it own, I am clueless regarding what is going on, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea for resolving it??

Re: Lenovo ThinkStation E30 is resuming from hibernation on its own

I have bought Lenovo ThinkStation E30 and the problem that I am facing with the same is that when I am willing to use the hibernation then the hibernation process is starting fine butt then after it shuts down I don’t know why after five seconds the machine turns on it own, I am clueless regarding what is going on, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea for resolving it??
    If you want then you can use the command prompt, I mean just open the command prompt and then type "powercfg -lastwake" without the quotes and then hit enter, this will report you the thing that is stopping the hibernation process to work properly, just check it out and then post back what you get for the same but then make sure that you are running the cmd.exe as administrator.

I have used the same command this is what I have got, I have translated the language in English from Spanish, hope you will be able to understand what that means:
    capitalizable down payment history - 1
    capitalizable running [0]
    capitalizable many sources – 0
    I did not understand much from the same.

I am not aware of the information that you are getting, it should have been something like the below:
    ] Wake History Count - 1
    Wake History [0]
    Wake Source Count - 1
    Wake Source [0]
    Type: Device
    Instance Path: ACPI\PNP0C0D\2&daba3ff&3
    Friendly Name:
    Description: ACPI Lid
    Manufacturer: <standard system device>

Yes you should get something like the above for the powercfg –lastwake command but then I just wanted to add that first get the system in the "failing config" and after that run the same command in the command prompt, I mean that you will have to recreate the issue and after that run the run powercfg –lastwake and if you dint do the same and there are some other ACPI transitions then you won’t be getting the useful information that is required to track out the cause of the issue.

It seems that it is your network connection which might have been set to allow wake events, I am not very sure about the same but then it is guess it is. So here if you are not willing your network to support the wake event then just disable the same by going in to device properties>power management tab and see if it is making any difference or not. “powercfg –lastwake” is really helpful in such cases but then I don’t know why is it not giving the required information in your case, I had faced the same issue once and in my case the windows media player was the culprit as it used to keep checking out for updates. Anyways just try what I have said and then let me know the response that you get.

I have already disabled all the wake options in BIOS and I really don’t think that I am having your case, I mean some event like media player as in my case the system does not turn on at specified time but then it basically turn back on when I am using hibernate, as soon as the system turn off after the hibernation process just after five seconds it wakes up again, I am really running out of ideas, is there anything else than the event viewer where I can check out the cause of the issue??? Any further help will be highly appreciated.

Is there any expansion card or any such peripherals that is connected to your Lenovo ThinkStation E30?? Can you check out the size and quantity of memory modules that you might have installed and let me know the same? If possible then just disconnect unnecessary cards and see if it is making any difference in the hibernation, you can also try out using one memory module so as to shrink the hiber file size to check if they are making any difference, if they help then just install the memory and re-install the expansion card and re-connect the disconnected peripheral and cross check if the issue is persisting or not.

You can also check out the setting your system on the "high performance" power scheme for eliminating some of the timeout variables in the operating system of your case as well, just check it out and see if they are putting an end to your issue.