Thread: Windows 8 Metro Skin Pack Concept

Windows 8 Metro Skin Pack Concept

Hi all, I found that the Windows 8 Metro Skin Pack is now available. I have not used that till now. I don’t want to play with my system directly and so I want to hear from other people who have already used this. Can someone please post concept/information regarding it.

Re: Windows 8 Metro Skin Pack Concept

Metro Tile Skin Pack is the philosophy of tile windows by 8 installed on computers with Windows 7. This free theme breath of fresh air on the desktop and Windows does a disciple of the eighth incarnation of Windows. Metro Tile Skin Pack changed as theme the familiar look of the desktop. Instead of different icons to the user, after installing it uses the freeware counter tiles. The tile-look applied to the skin on areas such as taskbar, Windows Explorer and start menu. The free Metro Tile Windows 7 Skin Pack is a highlight in a fresh graphic splendor. Whose look of Windows 8 prefers the design of Windows 7 with the theme?

Yes, Windows 8 Metro Skin Pack is available but I am not going to install that. I like the concept but I will install the full version directly when it will be available and by that time, I am happy with my Windows 7.

The "Metro Tile Skin Pack" designed to give your Windows system, a new design. This is based on the Metro-interface of Windows 8 that brings the theme package. With this, you will get a new background image as well as new icons and cursors with your 64-bit system. Program window and the Start menu appear in the typical green-blue appearance of Windows 8 In addition, the "RocketDock" installed, which extends your taskbar to a convenient dock. There you can put application shortcuts to quickly access frequently used programs.

I am using this and I really liked it. You must also try it once and I am sure that you will also like it.

Thank you so much for the replies, but I want to ask you that if this is compatible with 32 or 64 bits of the Windows 7. I am running 32 bits in my computer and so having doubt that if this really work on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pritu View Post
    Thank you so much for the replies, but I want to ask you that if this is compatible with 32 or 64 bits of the Windows 7. I am running 32 bits in my computer and so having doubt that if this really work on it.
    It is compatible with both 32 and 64 bits. If you are having any other skin pack installed on your computer then you will have to uninstall that first and then install this one. Metro Tile Skin Pack is a customization package for Windows 7 that emulates the Windows interface Metro 8 and Windows Phone 7, the same as large icons, vibrant color and elegant style, but now applied to windows, navigation buttons, the toolbar, cursors, folders and Taskbar.

Windows 8 Metro Skin Pack will allow you to disguise your XP, Vista or Windows 7 Windows 8 with themes, wallpapers, icons, sounds and other features.

Pros
    • Many options
    • Interface Metro accomplished
    • Quick installation

Cons
    • Not always stable
    • Not always easy to switch from conventional desktop interface Metro

Good that you posted the pros and cons about this but as this is just the Metro Skin Pack and made only to have some experience with the new operating system on the way then this is obvious that it is going to have some bugs with it. But the final product will be free of these issues and I am sure about it.

Don’t worry. It is available for both, I mean for 32 bit and for 64 bit as well. Here is the link to download 64 bit version of it. I hope you like it.

I am not going to get this pack because I am waiting for the final product. I will get Windows 8 as soon as it is released. I don't want to spoil my Windows 7 by installing additional skin pack. I like to use original.