Thread: Cannot export Gadgets or Widgets in Desktop-X

Cannot export Gadgets or Widgets in Desktop-X

I have been using some anonymous script to see how it works and I’m having awesome fun in it till I started having issues in a command to export as widgets or gadgets. When I try to use the option ‘Gadget’ It says I don’t have pro version, now what on earth does that mean?

Another question is where do I enter my serial number for this software? I have serial number for this package but I don’t know where do I put it?

I also cannot find the option or export or save to a widget or a gadget. I haven't yet figured out a way to run the uncompiled ones without having it ask about saving the desktop, etc.

Re: Cannot export Gadgets or Widgets in Desktop-X

Firstly, understand the difference between Widgets and Gadgets. The best way to explain it is that a gadget is any widget that is not a widget.
    Another major difference with reference to this context is that Widgets require Desktop X to be installed in your PC in order to work. But gadgets will run without any other software needed.

Thanks for the explanation. However, most of my questions still remain unanswered.

Desktop-X pro is a version of Desktop-x. It basically comes in 3 different versions.

Desktop-X pro is a version of Desktop-x. It basically comes in 3 different versions.
    - Desktop-X Client: it loads objects and widgets and alternative desktops created by others.

- Desktop-X Standard: it loads objects and widgets and alternative desktops created by others. Creating and exporting objects, widgets and desktops with scripting support via JScript and VB Script is also possible

- Desktop-X pro, : it loads objects and widgets and alternative desktops created by others. Creating and exporting objects, widgets and desktops with scripting support via JScript and VB Script is possible but the highlight is that it exports widgets as gadgets as stand-alone programs.

Now here lies your issue, what you are using is the standard version and you cannot export widgets as gadgets in it.

Well explained. Anyways, allow me to put some light on other queries that shika is facing.

> To find the export or the save command that you were asking for, simply right click on the object you’ve created, popup menu should and will include ‘Export’. In your case, only as a widget or an object. It should then ask if you want to export all related objects, you probably do.
    > The serial would be put in when you installed it. I know of no other way. If it didn't auto activate, it would ask you for your serial.