Thread: SkinStudio settings for Windowblinds skin

SkinStudio settings for Windowblinds skin

Those who have been using the Windows 7 must be familiar with these 2 things: SkinStudio & Windowblinds. The SkinStudio helps you to create your own theme and customize skin. Windowblinds offers several kinds of skin for Windows 7 which you can use to change the visuals of Windows. I did notice the setting off the shadow option of a skin. Now I have changed the skin and need to re-enable it again for this one. Is there any way to do?

Re: SkinStudio settings for Windowblinds skin

As far as I know that SkinStudio lets you create or modify skins that can be applied to WindowBlinds, the application can completely change the look of Windows.. SkinStudio has been completely redesigned to allow for a better experience when creating skins, and adding many more options.
    The characteristics of the new version are:
    • Mini previews on the welcome screen
    • New edit mode in a tree
    • Maximize the edit window, more layers
    • Editing layers
    • Text descriptions
    • Name of the skin in the title bar
    • New close button for the skin

SkinStudio is available as a standalone application or as part of Object Desktop

I also heard that there is an option to add shadows under windows, menus, taskbar and start menu. It is somewhat similar to like adding blur under the GUI. I would really like to see that option for WindowBlinds. The solution must exist for blur option.

I don’t think that you can enable shadows unless there is a fixed OS shadows or a custom shadow images defined for that particular skin. If there is no option, then there is no way you can turn it on. Don’t think that it is a bug. The option is completely depends on the capability of skin. It seems to me like that for your skin, there is a different shadow shapes. However the blur function might be limited by the OS now. Unfortunately we need to work more on these things. If you are using a professional theme or skin builder, you will likely to know about the OS limitations.

I believe that the SkinStudio will help you to do anything for your Windows interface. No matter what part you want to customize, you can. You can apply a new interface for the WindowBlinds so that it can get a new look and an entire Windows GUI. You can also create semi-transparent elements startup menu as per pixel alpha blending. This can be done by the new feature like importing msstyles into WindowBlinds.