Thread: Cannot see folder name with Thumbnail View

Cannot see folder name with Thumbnail View

Hello friends I have windows Xp operating system in my computer and suddenly it has started giving me problem. Whenever I select thumbnail view at that time I cannot see folder name. this problem is irritating for me. Please let me know what should I do to solve this problem?

Re: Cannot see folder name with Thumbnail View

I was also not able to see folder names in my computer and then I have searched on the internet and I have come to know that we have to select the thumbnail view by pressing and holding shift key which will toggle file/folder names and after trying this solution my problem get solved. All you need to do is go to any folder and to press and hold shift key and then right click on empty area. Now select view option and select Thumbnail view. If you have already selected Thumbnail view then you need to first select any other view in the folder such as details, list, tile and then press and hold shift key and select Thumbnail view. After trying these steps your problem will get solved.

If you are not able to solve this issue after trying above solution then I will suggest you to go to the folder option and then you have to tick the “Show hidden files and folders” option. After that you will see file called Desktop.ini. You have to delete that file and then close the window and open it again then see whether problem persists or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Felisha View Post
    If you are not able to solve this issue after trying above solution then I will suggest you to go to the folder option and then you have to tick the “Show hidden files and folders” option. After that you will see file called Desktop.ini. You have to delete that file and then close the window and open it again then see whether problem persists or not?
    Yes, by deleting the deleting the Desktop.ini file we can fix this issue. in my PC similar problem was occurred and then I have deleted the Desktop.ini and then when I select thumbnail view at that time file and folder name appears.

Thank you for help. I have first tried to fix this problem by pressing and holding shift key and selecting the thumbnail view but that does not help me to solve this problem. Now after that I have deleted the Desktop.ini and after that my problem gets solved. Thank you for helping me.