Thread: Windows Folders Icons cannot be changed by the Icon Packager

Windows Folders Icons cannot be changed by the Icon Packager

I use to change icons in my computer with the help of icon packager 4.20 and it was working fine. Suddenly it has started giving me strange problems. Now whenever I apply any icon package at it does not change icon of the folders. I have windows 7 operating system. What should I do to solve this problem?

Re: Windows Folders Icons cannot be changed by the Icon Packager

You should rebuild the icon cache in your computer and after rebuilding the icon cache you have to check whether icon packager changes the folders icons or not? According to me after trying this solution your problem will get solved.

You can rebuild icon cache from the icon packager software or you can rebuild it manually also. To manually rebuild the icon cache you have to try these steps. You have to fist open start menu and then type cmd in the search box. After that you have to press enter and it will open command prompt. After that you have to type this command taskkill /IM explorer.exe /F and press enter. Then type CD /d %userprofile%\AppData\Local and press enter. Then type DEL IconCache.db /a command and press enter and after that type shutdown /r /f /t 00 and press enter. Now your computer will restart and then you have to check whether all the icons appear properly or not? I hope this solution will fix this problem.

If above solution does not help you to solve this problem then I will suggest you to repair the shell icons. You have to first open icon packager in your computer and then you have to go to the setting. After going in to the settings you have to click on repair shell icon option and then your problem will get solved.

Thank you for providing me solution. I have rebuilt the icon cache but that does not help me to solve this problem. Now after that I have also repair shell icons but result was same. Now please tell me what should I do to solve this problem. If you have any solution then let me know.

According to me you have to uninstall the Icon Packager from your computer and then you have to run Cclaner in your computer. Now after running the Ccleaner in your computer you have to reinstall iconpackager and then check whether your problem gets solved or not?