Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Customize Desktop
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 23-03-2012

Windows 8 shutdown process is simplified by using Start8

the biggest issue with Windows 8 is that we need to perform couple of steps to shutdown as well as restart the computer. you have to sign out from Metro and simply slide lock screen and finally click on shutdown button. I know its bit lengthy process to shutdown the computer. however Start8 will help you to make the shutdown process quite simply. You have to simply right click on the Start button and you will be able to shut down your computer.
Old 23-03-2012

Re: Windows 8 shutdown process is simplified by using Start8

Yes you are right it simplifies the thing. the current shutdown process is something like you wanted to turn off the light and you have to get up and lock the doors and Windows. You will need to pull shades down and you will required to insert your ID card into the light switch section and you will see that it would work for you.
Old 23-03-2012

Well I do agree you. Stardock let us get the desktop experience rather than that of Microsoft providing the tablet interface. In windows 7 if I right click on Windows 7 start button then I am getting Properties and it helps us to launch windows explorer. I think it is missing in Windows 8. Also we are supposed to shutdown Windows 7 by simply pressing alt + F4 from desktop. But I am not sure about whether it would work for Windows 8.
Old 23-03-2012

Properties is showing Start menu option. As far as Explorer is concerned you can easily add the same through the Taskbar simply as a shortcut. You will be able to shutdown Windows 8 by using any of the below mentioned methods.
  • Pressing Alt + F4 from the keyboard on Desktop.
  • Charmbar by pressing Windows key + C. you will need to On or Off and shutdown your computer.
  • Finally log off and make use of menu.
  • So I don?t think so there is need of having any other way to shoutdown your system.
Old 23-03-2012

According to me Alt + F4 seems to be odd key combination. You cannot use the same until and unless desktop is in the focus. You will not be able to do the same in Metro and into Open Windows.
Quote:
Charmbar by pressing Windows key + C. you will need to On or Off and shutdown your computer.
It is quite long process means you will need to do lots of clicks to achieve the same. you will not be able to launch charmbar without making use of keyboard.
Quote:
Finally log off and make use of menu.
It is the longest method to shutdown the computer as compared from the above mentioned all the process. You should wait for log out and get rid out from the welcome screen and then go for Shutdown.
Old 24-03-2012

As all the above mentioned issues are being faced on Windows 8 I am wondering that start8 menu has been developed by Stardock. This particular product is available for free . it simply adds Start menu on Windows 8 Taskbar and provides all the features of Start menu which we were having on Windows 7.

TechArena Community > Software > Customize Desktop
Tags: , , , ,