Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Customize Desktop
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 22-03-2012

?Groups? in Windows 8 consumer preview

I have not installed the Windows 8 yet but going to install the consumer preview in a few days. I was reading the review of this and it was mentioned that they have implemented the idea of group. There was not much description about this and so I am posting this over her. Can someone tell me that what is the ?Groups? in Windows 8. Please reply with some details. I will be thankful for all the replies.
Old 22-03-2012

re: ?Groups? in Windows 8 consumer preview

I am sure that you are aware of the Windows 8 concept of tiles. With the groups, you will be able to make the column of times and then label the tile. They have named this as ?group?.
Old 22-03-2012

re: ?Groups? in Windows 8 consumer preview

Windows 8 is groundbreaking. At least if you lack the Start menu and the Metro UI so you can use this one. Group is just related to arranging the tiles in the Windows 8. Tiles can be rearranged by drag and drop in the default configuration, and without any description. The purpose of this is to keep the related things together and nothing else.

In the UI of Windows 8 Meto very bottom left you a magnifying glass that you clicked on. Then you get a complete view of all Metro UI apps and groups which can now move to right-click to reveal a menu from which you can store a name.
Old 24-03-2012

Re: ?Groups? in Windows 8 consumer preview

I really liked this new features as now I can keep the related things all together in a single group and I can find them easily in a single group.

TechArena Community > Software > Customize Desktop
Tags: , , ,