Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to get classic windows background with Windows 7 Aero theme enabled

Customize Desktop

Old 22-03-2012

How to get classic windows background with Windows 7 Aero theme enabled

I would like to edit the windows default theme so it looks similar like when I disabled the visual themes. When you go to Properties - Compatibility - Disable visual themes, it will should you a Windows classic theme as well as Window. I know that it is a good solution but disabling the visual themes for many apps causes problems with them. It seems like there is a violation. How can I get a classic Window background as Aero theme enabled?

Old 22-03-2012

Re: How to get classic windows background with Windows 7 Aero theme enabled

I donít think that there is any way to edit Windows 7 default theme to look like that. As far as I know that Windows 7 automatically shuts down incompatible things like visual effects. So there shouldnít be an incompatibility and this shouldn't happen.

What are the apps affected by it?

Do you have the latest version for those apps?
Old 22-03-2012

Right now I am looking for 2 things and they are:
  • flat
  • grey

I didnít get any option to get in default theme. I am using latest version of software. I am using the Inkscape and it will not suffer from any incompatibility when you disable the visual themes in the compatibility tab.
Old 22-03-2012

I donít know whether it is possible or not but I have seen an option to customize themes in Windows 7 64bit. I hope that it might help you to do that. Otherwise you need to get tools like Windows 7 theme builder or similar to create and customize you own themes for Windows 7.

TechArena Community > Software > Customize Desktop
Tags: , , , ,