Thread: How to disable hearing the mic via same headphone?

How to disable hearing the mic via same headphone?

It’s quite irritating to encounter the same issue again and again. Please someone provide me with some solution for my problem. I have a habit of keeping my headphone connected to the system always as I usually prefer playing online games a lot.

But the issue is that whenever I put my headphone and mic on while playing game I can simply hear the noises that are heard by mic. In short my headphone can hear even my voice which actually annoys me a lot. Any suggestions please. I have SB live 24bit.

Re: How to disable hearing the mic via same headphone?

I guess in your case both your headphone’s speaker and mic are conflicting or maybe there is something wrong with your microphone. Can give me the status or certain information about the onboard sound, did you disabled it on your system?

If possible get into your audio settings and mute the sound. Once you do it, your mic should be still able to function within games even if you mute the audio. Try it out.

Hey I do have the same issue; I always use to hear my mic sounds through the headphone speaker. Did a lot of research but then landed up into a big mess. i guess I did some mistake in the settings, When I clicked on the microphone advanced settings I noticed that by default I have +120db booster but when I keep it enable I can get a horrible feedback with the headphone and the same things applied using both the mic and speaker.

The first and the most things you need to do is to make sure that you have the latest drivers of creative, you can probably check out from the creative official web site.
    Anyways do as follows:
    1. Double click on Speaker icon in your taskbar
    2. Go to volume settings
    3. Options
    4. Properties
    5. Check the recording box
    6. Click OK at the bottom
    Now make sure that microphone option is checked in the box.

Once you check the microphone option you should be able to mute the microphone from the playback setting. This might help you not you hear yourself which is exactly your issue is. You need not have to worry about other things, rest everything would be normal. Even other people would be able to hear you as in games it’s the most important feature.
    You can simply check out or test these settings with the help of the Windows Audio Recorder by:
    1. Start
    2. Accessories
    3. Entertainment
    4. Sound Recording

I too had the same problem but sorted it out somehow. I was having a SoundBlaster X-Fi Gamer card installed in my system. All I did was changed the input from mic to S/PDIF-In which according to me a digital input.

Later on with the help of windows sound property settings:
    Control Panel > Sound > Speakers > Click the Properties button

In properties, select the Level Tab, over there just unmute the S/PDIF-In, mute the microphone. Now you headphone should work properly without any feedback issue.