Thread: How to add system folders to context menu in windows 7

How to add system folders to context menu in windows 7

I am new to this topic and new to make some settings in the customize desktop section. As I had some query in this case and as I thought it might be good to make a thread in this forum as I could not find the solutions on other places. So I would like the option to have shortcuts to Computer, Control Panel as well as Recycle Bin. It would be great if you also provide with the desktop and my own folder on the context menu. I by now know how to make an addition of a new program alternative to the desktop context menu through RegEdit. though, attempt as I might, I am not able to do the same with system folder shortcuts. Can you assist me in my case. so please provide me with possible solutions.

Re: How to add system folders to context menu in windows 7

If you are concerned with how to Add Shortcuts to the Windows 7 Context Menu with Icons then , I will give a possible answer in your case. so I would like to tell you that after making some addition of shortcuts follow the steps given under so that you are able to add icons to the shortcuts:
    1. you need to open regedit. (open startmenu enter 'regedit' in search and hit enter)
    2. and then you need to navigate to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shell\ in the registry.
    3. in addition, you will be also need to click on shell so that you are able to see the context menu items.
    4. If you have added Firefox you will be able to see Firefox within the shell key.
    5. you also need to click on Firefox as well as the in the values pane right click along with click 'new' and after that 'expandable string value'. You need to name the new value 'Icon'.
    6. also right clicking on 'Icon' along with clicking on modify and in the edit string dialog , you will need to enter the path of the icon file.
    7. finally with the OK button , you are all done with that.

So guys , I have some more methods to try with. And to make it easier, you are able to add the above folder to the windows directory as well as make use of this registry tweak to automate adding the context menu shortcuts along with pictures which will tend to look like this.

As you were also interested in adding the Recycle Bin from Desktop Context Menu , you need to do the following.So in order to Add "Recycle Bin" to Desktop Context Menu, you need to have a click on the button to download the file below. Add_Recycle_Bin_to_Desktop_Context_Menu.reg
    If you wish to have an removal of the "Recycle Bin" from Desktop Context Menu , you need to click on the link below to download the file below.
    Remove_Recycle_Bin_from_Desktop_Context_Menu.reg

3. You need to click on Save, as well as save the REG file to the desktop.
    4. Double click on the REG file so that it is able to merge, along with click on Run, Yes, Yes, furthermore OK when it will tend to prompt to support the merge.
    5. you are able to delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.
    6. finally , you need to right click on your desktop so that you are able to see the change.

I have some more issues in this case and wish to discuss with you. So , how I am able to create a shortcut to one more folder inside my context menu like the hack so that I am able to add a user folder shortcut to the context menu on your desktop. I don’t have any idea regarding it , but I would inquire whether it is as simple as copying the directory path of the folder to the CLSID key, or else does that simply be relevant to the desktop merely. My Registry acquaintance is not what it should be. I wish to make an addition with the folder inside my admin folder "Customizations" to my context menu. Can you provide with some more solutions in this case.

I need to provide some more information in this case and to tell you according to me, and just so that you will make out, that this will definitely add to my Customizations to the Desktop context menu of all users, however only the Administrator user account will in fact be able to unlock the folder if not you place access permissions of the Customizations folder so that you are able to permit some other user you wish for to be able to open it.

I have found this solution by searching on net and you will be able to unblock the Customizetations.vbs file, copy it into your C:\Windows folder, as well as click on Continue so that you are able to permit it to be copied there.To Add:
    1. you need to double click on the Add_Customizetations_to_Desktop_Context_Menu.reg file, as well as click on Run and OK so that you are able to approve.
    And if you wish to Remove:
    1. you need to Double click on the Remove_Customizetations_from_Desktop_Context_Menu.reg file, as well as click on Run and then OK to approve.
    2. finally you need to delete the Customizetations.vbs file in your C:\Windows folder.

The same process is to be done as you did with the recycle bin and the same process is applied with Control Panel and Computer , as well as User Folder. So I am now with possible solution as I tried with all of them as the process remains the same.