Thread: ITunes Taskbar icon on Windows 7

ITunes Taskbar icon on Windows 7

Hello friends, recently installed windows 7 operating system and really love it. well did notice that iTunes would normally be only icon which is remaining active on the taskbar, if open the program then also I am able to see one icon there. Well at present when I am opening it then it opens up another icon, so with this there are two icons on task bar, one for application is open and other one is for icon to launch it. Well anyhow just wanted to get back on, so that there should be one icon which is in use, not two. Can anyone tell me how to do it? Thank you.

Re: ITunes Taskbar icon on Windows 7

Well when you are clicking on first iTunes icon which is there on task bar, so the other icon is there. Then I would suggest that you just right click on the new second opened icon and pin it to task bar, when you are done with that then right click on first icon and unpin it from task bar. When you will be doing all this then it should just use the new second one.

Re: ITunes Taskbar icon on Windows 7

I've actually struggled with this problem for quite some time. Due to some gadgets in my Windows and, frankly, I don't know exactly what else, every time the iTunes would update, it would go back to the original icon and I had real difficulties fixing it back. Everything I tried ended up with the same "duplicate icon in the task bar" thing. I just found something that might solve this problem: with the "duplicate" iTunes opened, I pinned down the functional iTunes. Then, I opened the shortcut to the taskbar pins in windows Explorer, deleted the 'non-functioning' icon of iTunes, and changed the name and icons to the remaining iTunes shortcut. The only thing I needed to pay attention to was to keep the iTunes opened during the whole process.