Thread: Remove Glass effect from task bar icons in windows 7

Remove Glass effect from task bar icons in windows 7

Hello friends I have recently installed windows 7 in my computer and I like the interface if the widows 7 except glass effect in the task bar. I want to know is there any way to remove glass effect from the taskbar? Please help me with this.

re: Remove Glass effect from task bar icons in windows 7

You have to change the value of the ColorizationGlassReflectionIntensity entry from HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM key and then when you will restart the computer at that time your problem will get solved. you have to change the value of olorizationGlassReflectionIntensity to 0.

Yes by editing the registry key you can solve this problem. You have to first open start menu in and then regedit in the search box. Now after doing that you have to press enter key. Now you need to locate HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM or you have to press ctrl key and F key and then type ColorizationGlassReflectionIntensity and press enter. Now you have to right click on ColorizationGlassReflectionIntensity key and then edit it and change the value to 0. Now click on OK. close the registry editor and then you have to restart your computer and then problem will get solved.

I have changed the value of the ColorizationGlassReflectionIntensity key to 0 but that does not helped me to solve this problem. I don’t want diagonal gradients. If anyone have any other idea regarding this then let me know. Thank you in advance.

I will suggest you to download UxStyle Core Beta from internet and then you have to install that in your computer and after installing that in your computer you have to restart your computer. Now you will be able to activate Custom Themes without Modifying System Files and you will not get glass effect on icon.

Thank you so much for helping me. I have downloaded UxStyle Core Beta from the internet and I have installed it in my computer but that does not help me to solve this problem. now after that I have downloaded the theme packer from internet and after applying that my problem get solved.