Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Customize Desktop
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 14-03-2012
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 41
Not happy with the Aero Peek Display instantly, want to revert back to the standard one

I just happened to install the Aero Peek Display instantly registry hack frankly speaking I was not happy with it. I did try changing the DWORD DesktopLivePreviewHoverTime in the following registry HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced back to different values but no avail at all. Every time I was getting to see a small bugger in the screen. I disabled the aero peek but still It was to be seen. Anybody knows what other step should I perform to get rid of the problems like these. A desperate solution is needed from you all.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 14-03-2012
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 312
re: Not happy with the Aero Peek Display instantly, want to revert back to the standard one

Quote:
Originally Posted by I M Perfect View Post
I just happened to install the Aero Peek Display instantly registry hack frankly speaking I was not happy with it. I did try changing the DWORD DesktopLivePreviewHoverTime in the following registry HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced back to different values but no avail at all. Every time I was getting to see a small bugger in the screen. I disabled the aero peek but still It was to be seen. Anybody knows what other step should I perform to get rid of the problems like these. A desperate solution is needed from you all.
I would say do a system restore and everything will be back to normal. So do try and work on that if you don?t have any idea on how to perform system restore in windows 7 then you can refer this article How to do a system restore in windows 7 you will get all the necessary information there itself. So do check that out.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 14-03-2012
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 41
re: Not happy with the Aero Peek Display instantly, want to revert back to the standard one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xylina View Post
I would say do a system restore and everything will be back to normal. So do try and work on that if you don?t have any idea on how to perform system restore in windows 7 then you can refer this article How to do a system restore in windows 7 you will get all the necessary information there itself. So do check that out.
Dude you will not believe but I have already tried that method and sadly it did not work for me at all. I have went ahead and deleted the DWORD DesktopLivePreviewHoverTime still no luck for me. Stuck in a very sad situation.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 14-03-2012
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 76
re: Not happy with the Aero Peek Display instantly, want to revert back to the standard one

Quote:
Originally Posted by I M Perfect View Post
Dude you will not believe but I have already tried that method and sadly it did not work for me at all. I have went ahead and deleted the DWORD DesktopLivePreviewHoverTime still no luck for me. Stuck in a very sad situation.
Hi I am giving you an attachment over here you will find an uninstaller script in there get that and remove the Aero Peek display from that. So that?s what the suggestion I have for you. I hope at least this works for you.
Attached Files
File Type: zip InstantAeroPeek.zip (786 Bytes, 0 views)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 14-03-2012
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 118
re: Not happy with the Aero Peek Display instantly, want to revert back to the standard one

Well the main question is for which purpose are you using the registry. Well if you want then I can give you a small registry file of my advanced settings. If you want then you can refer it and if there is some changes then even you can in corporate it in your registry as well. so you should do that. I hope you did understand what I am trying to say here, that?s it from my side for you all.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Advanced.zip (1.5 KB, 0 views)
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 14-03-2012
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 165
re: Not happy with the Aero Peek Display instantly, want to revert back to the standard one

See if that doesn?t work then do not waste your time in anything else and better get ahead with the reinstallation of the OS. You will have to reinstall each and every program again that?s what the funda would be actually. Don?t go for any kind of repair options or any such stuff. Just a pure reinstallation of the OS. Hope its clear for you.
Reply With Quote
Reply

  TechArena Community > Software > Customize Desktop
Tags: , , , ,



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads for: "Not happy with the Aero Peek Display instantly, want to revert back to the standard one"
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Aero Peek doesn't Work in windows 7 Baby bon bon Windows Software 6 15-03-2011 02:44 PM
Aero Peek on the taskbar does not work for Excel 2007 Antonio Muņiz Customize Desktop 5 03-12-2010 05:16 PM
Aero Peek, Tooltips and Alt-Tab not working in windows 7 Indivar Operating Systems 3 24-10-2010 02:57 AM
Windows 7 Aero Peek is not working all the time Kaylynn Operating Systems 5 31-07-2010 04:32 PM
Windows 7 Aero Peek option is not available Xylon Customize Desktop 3 08-05-2009 07:18 PM


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:27 AM.