Thread: Need to uninstall Windows Vista start menu and return back to the Windows 7 start menu

Need to uninstall Windows Vista start menu and return back to the Windows 7 start menu

A few days back one of my friend suggested me a method to get the windows vista start menu option. So what I did was followed him suggestion he gave me some path and my start menu changed, now the problem that I am facing is that it does not have a immediate search button which I use regularly. Lso many of my favorites which were there in windows 7 start menu is not there. I want it back. So can you please tell me how to get it back. Waiting for the help from your side.

Re: Need to uninstall Windows Vista start menu and return back to the Windows 7 start menu

Ok can you please tell me what was the changes that you did that will help me in knowing what could have been the problem. So do tell me as if what was the changes that you had done in the scripting that’s all I want to know.

Re: Need to uninstall Windows Vista start menu and return back to the Windows 7 start menu

Quote Originally Posted by ZAHAR View Post
    Ok can you please tell me what was the changes that you did that will help me in knowing what could have been the problem. So do tell me as if what was the changes that you had done in the scripting that’s all I want to know.
    Well I had used this path ‘%appdata%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch’ to get the quick launch button for the windows 7, plus there were several instructions there which I took it from a website.

Ok I have got one help for you. What you have to do is right click on the taskbar and then uncheck the taskbar. Npw the box will remain open, go to the toolbars it will open up an another box it will display quicklaunch bar in it as well. now go and uncheck it from there, that’s what you should do and nothing else. So do give a try for the same and revert back to me if that did work for you or not. I am sure it will do for you.

Thanks for the help but unfortunately it did not work for me, I appreciate your help but sadly that did not work for me. If you all have any other help for me then do let me know as soon as possible it would be better for me.

Quote Originally Posted by NatwarL@L View Post
    A few days back one of my friend suggested me a method to get the windows vista start menu option. So what I did was followed him suggestion he gave me some path and my start menu changed, now the problem that I am facing is that it does not have a immediate search button which I use regularly. Lso many of my favorites which were there in windows 7 start menu is not there. I want it back. So can you please tell me how to get it back. Waiting for the help from your side.
    Try doing a system restore and see if it works or not. Frankly speaking I want to say that you will not be able to restore it back to the original one that you had. Since whatever favorites that you were talking about in the start menu will be gone. You will get the search button, no doubt about that but it will not be the same as the old one.

You can get the classic windows 7 start up from here so you can check that out and see if this is the one that you were looking for. Well it is very disappointing to see the classic look being not implemented after windows 2000. We got to see the new start menu in windows xp. Anyways if you are a big fan of classic look then you can check that start menu and install it in the system, that’s what you can do.