Thread: Turn off some Cores in All CPU Meter v3.7 in Windows 7

Turn off some Cores in All CPU Meter v3.7 in Windows 7

Right now I am using a Windows 7 computer and in that I have installed “All CPU Meter V 3.7”. I like this app because it has several options. The current processor I am running has only 6 cores. But this meter shows me that there are 24 Core. How can I turn off other cores?

Re: Turn off some Cores in All CPU Meter v3.7 in Windows 7

I did extensive search regarding this issue. But unfortunately I didn’t find anything. There are no settings to do it manually. This app or gadget works automatically and there is no way you can customize it. I have seen few posts about same problem but none of them get resolved. So I don’t have anything to suggest about this gadget. In my case I only use Core Temp gadget which works fine.

What processor you are using, is it Intel, or AMD? I don’t use CPU related gadgets at all and I don’t like them. I often check the core temps by the help of different application I have. However if you have an intel processor, then try a gadget from orbmu2k. it has a very good layout and it installs WinRing0 driver, which will notice the temps and for that it will not run any program in the background. I didn’t see any problem with this.

All CPU Meter is a good app. This Windows app is very much straightforward and well-designed. This app is intended to track CPU usage (up to 24 cores). You can also use this app to display used, free, and total RAM. It has frequently updated look feature which is most important for Windows 7 computers. If the first installation is not successful, re-install it once again.

I know that these kinds of Gadgets are not free of their potential issues. In my case it is causing the memory leak during certain circumstances. The issue happened to me when I am running the Windows 7 x64 SP1 and IE9 Beta. I don’t know when these issues going to resolve. I have downloaded the latest version of All CPU Meter and also the IE but it couldn’t help.

I think the issue you are having is due to the Core i series processor. The core i series processors have four cores which is meant for to support hyperthreading. So the each core has two sets of registers, which acts like two cores. So due to this your computer might be showing wrong count of cores. The new Sandy Bridge Intel processors are also the same.